April 16-17 Rendezvous in Cook Forest

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

dbhguru

April 16-17 Rendezvous in Cook Forest

Post by dbhguru » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:14 am

Ents,

If you have the time and want to participate, please set aside the dates April 16-17 for a tree measuring workshop in Cook Forest PA. It will serve triple duty: (1) a general tree measuring workshop with SAF credits on the 16th, and (2) American Forests National Cadre training on the 17th for those who want to join the Cadre. The 18th could be set aside for field trips. Monica and I have to head to Fort Hill, OH on the 18th for important events there.

The Cook Forest rendezvous is going to be tricky to organize, but Dale Luthringer and I are doing our best. The ideal situation would be have plenty of NTS members who are also in the National Cadre to help with the training. More about this later. At present, we have Dale Luthringer, Ed Frank, and George Fieo in PA as part of the National Cadre. In nearby Ohio, we have Matt Markworth and Steve Galehouse, and Rand Brown, if Rand elects to join us. In West Virginia, we have Turner Sharp, and there myself from Massachusetts. Hopefully, Will can come from North Carolina. If we also got Michael Davie, we'd have enough to supervise/train an army.

John Harvey, I can't recall if we invited you into the National Cadre, but we'd love for you to join us. Larry, buddy, we'd love to have yo, but if you have to make a choice between Cook and Durango, we need you most in Durango. If I have missed anyone, please let me know. I tend to have those on my mind who post more often and are definitely into the measuring game.

Don and I are working on a training program with graded exercises. We'll be passing them to the rest of you for review and improvement. I hope to post something in a week or two.

Patty,

I'll call you to discuss possible TCI participation. We haven't forgotten our other partner. I'll be especially interested a=in your review of any training materials we develop. We might also set aside the 18th for a TCI demonstration of tree climbing if you all are interested. I wouldn't be able to attend because of the Ohio engagement, but you could work out the arrangement with Dale directly.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “Measurement and Dendromorphometry”