tiny Ent discovered in my little forest

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Joe

tiny Ent discovered in my little forest

Post by Joe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 am

So, I was out in the forest between my house and the gigantic solar "farm" and discovered this tiny Ent. He seemed peaceful enough, so I left him alone. Maybe he took up residence to protect our 'hood from the monster solar "farm".
Joe
Attachments
SAM_1206 small.JPG

dbhguru

Re: tiny Ent discovered in my little forest

Post by dbhguru » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 am

Joe

WAY COOL!

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Jenny

Post by Jenny » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 am

Hmmm, looks like Andrew could have been responsible for that! At least, I know he has the skill to do such a great carving.

Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Jenny wrote:Hmmm, looks like Andrew could have been responsible for that! At least, I know he has the skill to do such a great carving.

Jenny
it's an incense box
Joe

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Awesome!!

James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

RyanLeClair

Post by RyanLeClair » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:55 am

Joe, how big is the solar farm?

As clean as solar and wind are...I'm afraid that, should we totally rely on them, there would be barely any unmarred land in the country.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 am

The solar "farm" is 17.5 acres- it's a monstrosity- and it's next to our decent if not great 'hood. Those who love it- the state and enviro groups rave that it has no carbon emissions- but the land is now a desert- and thus, that land now emits no oxygen and has no life on it! Solar belongs on roofs. There must be hundreds of millions of acres of roofs in this nation that could be used. But these "farms" are now popping up in Mass. like mushrooms. It's insane.

I can't elaborate much at this time as I'm now fighting a battle against Lime Disease, at least that's the doctor's best guess so far- just spent 2 days in a hospital with an IV in one arm and the other arm is black and blue from all the punctures so they could take blood. The entire time there- doctors and nurses poking and prodding, night and day. I'm improved from before the hospital stay, but I'm a long way from normal.

Joe

RyanLeClair

Post by RyanLeClair » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Joe, sorry to hear about your bout with Lyme. It's a really insidious disease, no doubt. I'm glad to hear you're getting treatment; hopefully the antibiotics will work promptly and you'll be fine soon.

I share your fears about solar/wind farms.

sam goodwin

Post by sam goodwin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Joe, sorry about the lyme disease. Just a warning, my wife got it twice already. She didn't know you have to be very careful of the sun when taking the pills. We were out on the Harley one day and she got a bad sunburn and 2 years later she is still sun sensitive. Sam

Return to “Druidism”