Ms Tree Height Records, Updated Ms Tree Listing

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Larry Tucei

Ms Tree Height Records, Updated Ms Tree Listing

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:10 pm

NTS, Bob- Jess has found a Tulip in Tombigbee NF last Dec to 150.4' making it the tallest tree documented in Ms. He found a 148.4 Tulip at Vicksburg National Military Park in Nov. He also measured at Noxubee a 148.2' Sweetgum and a 147.5' Cherrybark. With his help and Lidar Ms is finally beginning to produce trees to 150'. He says he hasn't checked all the hits at Tombigbee that are even higher so we should get some more 150's in the next season. I'm just starting to receive Lidar thanks to Jess and have reached near the 150' mark this first season using Lidar. I found a dead 148.5' Loblolly in Noxubee amoung the Grove of Titans there. I've added 26 new trees this winter to the Ms listing 12 of which are over 140'. Ms trees are just starting to reach their height potentials. With more exploration and research we will have several in the 150' class. Look out were cooking with gas now! Wo Hoo!! Larry
Attachments
Mississippi_Tree_Listing1_(1).xlsx
(19.74 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

bbeduhn

Re: Ms Tree Height Records, Updated Ms Tree Listing

Post by bbeduhn » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Congrats, Larry, on getting MS into the tall tree game. You're finally getting a little help. There's an awful lot of ground to cover for one person!

Return to “Mississippi”