This woman may have set fire to the Senator

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

greenent22

Re: This woman may have set fire to the Senator

Post by greenent22 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Ohno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I was always stunned by photos of this!

I had just been planning a trip to see it!

Good grief! A meth head burned it down???!!!!!

Totally gone and collapsed??????

The greatest tree east of the Mississippi! All the loggers and blights and a meth addict kills the one ultra giant left??

Beyond disgusting. What jerks. I'm sorry, you don't have to hike out to a giant tree to do your drugs inside of it and be so dumb as light a big fire inside so you can see to do your drugs better. No excuse. I can't have too great a degree of sympathy for that sort of drug usage. People have problems, but you don't have to do that. One of the single greatest trees in the world destroyed by idiocy and selfishness.

PAwildernessadvocate

Post by PAwildernessadvocate » Tue May 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Some of the people cutting burl wood out of the redwoods are evidently meth heads too, trying to make a quick buck to support their habit.
"There is no better way to save biodiversity than by preserving habitat, and no better habitat, species for species, than wilderness." --Edward O. Wilson

John Harvey

Post by John Harvey » Wed May 14, 2014 9:06 am

I recently purchased these old postcards from Ebay of the Senator.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
John D Harvey (JohnnyDJersey)

East Coast and West Coast Big Tree Hunter

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." - Matt Fox

greenent22

Post by greenent22 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Great shots on the post cards. Man 17' diameter. THE only survivor left of such dimension in the East. Not sure anything else left even makes it to half that diameter (talking forest grown, tall bole, single trunk type trees). Gone for nothing.

And yeah I've heard the redwood destruction has become a serious issue. And furniture guys and carvers are resisting attempts to help police illegal cuts :(.

Return to “Florida”