FR whodunnit mystery

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

JQM-Helios

Re: FR whodunnit mystery

Post by JQM-Helios » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:51 am

I can confidently say Mario is not part of FR. I have a story to share, one that Mario told me about. You may have noticed the redwood Grogan's Fault is on FR. Mario found it in 2014. It got put up onto the site in 2017-2019. And this is how FR found it: a friend of Mario found the redwood, posted images of it with full EXIf still attached, then posted an image of a trail on the same day taken apparently less than an hour after the image of GF. Very quickly, someone with a completely new account logged onto Facebook and asked him where the trail was. He told what it was, and from there it is a simple matter.
Mario has found many fascinating monster- redwoods. I won't reveal which, and many of you know already, but if he was FR, think about it how many trees would have been posted and their locations leaked. Those who think Mario is FR are either haters who want revenge against him or people with a large failure in their thinking skills. And anyone who blames him is strange. It is obvious he is not FR.
What I see as dodgy is that I can pretty confidently say now that a picture on Ed Gilbert's site has pictures of the same tree only on one other site- FR. And both were confirmed to be fake. Sounds suspicious to me.
Michael, I received word that a certain Thomas Davidson stole info from your site landmarktrees.net. I also received word that a certain A.S. is involved in some way. And who skewed everything in the HRSP.
It of course is incredibly suspicious that someone hired a hacker who allegedly had proof that Mario was behind FR. This evidence was never shown. Therefore whoever hired that hacker should be ashamed of themselves. Of what they have done.
I can also say my suspicions of both Yinghai and Max Forster outlined on city-data have plummeted as they found GF in 2015. It is certainly not them as well, and I publically apologise for suspecting them.
With FR loose, tree locations need to be protected. When I get back to Russia, I'll post images of some of the forests there. That is what will happen to Hyperion and GOT, eventually. Let us hope the locations of Helios, Icarus, Minaret and the new discoveries will stay a closely-guarded secret.
And Michael, do you have any idea how Orion was found?

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:56 pm

JQM-Helios wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:51 am
Those who think Mario is FR are either haters who want revenge against him or people with a large failure in their thinking skills. And anyone who blames him is strange. It is obvious he is not FR.
It of course is incredibly suspicious that someone hired a hacker who allegedly had proof that Mario was behind FR. This evidence was never shown. Therefore whoever hired that hacker should be ashamed of themselves. Of what they have done.
JQM, Your thoughts fit perfectly into what is now the latest conspiracy theory making the rounds. This theory has gained a lot of traction quickly. As you probably know, there is a rogue park ranger who holds a grudge against Mario and these two have had run-ins and disagreements in the past.

Fast forward a while and as you referenced in your comments, a writer from a nearby state hired a highly-skilled hacker to determine who was behind FR. The hacker collected his fee, did his hacking, and returned some alleged evidence and proof to the writer that showed Mario was running FR. The proof allegedly showed that Mario was logging into the site and paying for it with his personal credit card. The writer then verbally passed on word about the "proof" (contaminated info) to the powers-that-be and the park service, and they came down hard on Mario and told everyone he was guilty of running FR.

To many people's surprise, Mario denied all involvement and said that the evidence was fake and that he was framed. Mario said he presented proof from GoDaddy which showed he only owned 2 web sites through them, and not 3, and posted that proof on his site. Which means he was willing to publicly show everyone that he did not own or pay for FR.

In summary, Mario said he has posted proof on his site that he does not own FR and is not part of it, and he has spoken out about it directly and forcefully on his site. And the writer and hacker have not publicly posted their alleged "proof" or given it out, but just asked everyone else to take their word for it that their findings are legitimate. To say these accusations by the writer and a hacker (who is involved in criminal activity) about Mario sound suspicious would be an understatement. Thus, the current working theory is that the writer and hacker could possibly be the ones behind FR and running it. What other motive could they have for framing Mario - someone who only cares about protecting the trees?

JQM-Helios

Post by JQM-Helios » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Yes- Mario has said a lot about there being rangers demanding permits, finger-pointing at him and so on. That is completely ridiculous about the hacker. If he has any evidence whatsoever that Mario is involved in any way- then use it. Does anybody know who the whistle-blower was?
One mystery unravelled. Michael Taylor once wrote to GoDaddy to complain about FR stealing information from his website. I have included below on what was sent. Michael, if you are uncomfortable with this being here, I will remove it.
It looks like the perpetrator of FR is a certain Thomas Davidson from Ventura, California. If this name means anything to anyone, it would be interesting to hear exactly what. Recently, we have figured out that the full name of this character is Thomas Daly Davidson. What is especially intriguing about this person is that he appears to have had more than 10 court cases. Given a sketchy record like that, no doubt he would be angry with someone who not only was speaking out from the start, but halted posting pictures and statistics of gargantuan redwoods anyhow. Starving FR of vital clues and information and photographs. I think FR was like a parasite- first on landmarktrees.net, then on mdvaden.com. And when it was exhausted, they blamed Mario.
Said Thomas Daly Davidson could also be the elusive writer who hired the hacker, if that indeed happened anyhow- he has recently moved to Spokane, Washington State. The previously-mentioned Alvaro Santoro could have been one of his lackeys who has been doing work in HRSP and in the Giant Sequoia parks. It would be nice to know who is responsible for the RNSP leaks.
This T.Davidson has a wife- Antoinette Davidson. I know what her email address is. If anyone likes to see it- do tell me.
In short, if those are really the perpetrators who framed Mario, it will not be long before FR hits the dirt and gives up on leaking locations. But Mario or Chris Atkins will probably never trust anyone again to publish data like in the past. And they will be right to do so.

MarkGraham

Post by MarkGraham » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 pm

JQM

First, I don't think it's a good idea to put these names out there in this forum
Second, the TD person you mention was deemed to be a fake registration name. Then someone talked to the AS person you mention, and it was concluded AS it not part of the FR effort.

Mark

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:35 am

I'm not convinced that TD is a fake registration name and I'm not convinced that AS has been 100% cleared. But I also can't say that they are involved. Anytime I'm told by the powers-that-be that someone has been "cleared", "investigated", "found guilty", or "found innocent", that doesn't mean anything to me. They want us to just accept their word for it without showing us any kind of evidence or proof as to why their conclusions are accurate. Board meetings and investigations performed by STRL staff and anyone else holds no weight with me without evidence to back their claims up. Look where that got Mario and other members of the tree community who were all told to fall in line and accept that Mario was behind FR without showing us any proof. We were all told to accept the alleged findings of a criminal hacker who was hired by a published article writer. I'll take Mario's word over an anonymous hacker involved in criminal activity any day.

I told the powers-that-be from the start that if they wanted to solve the FR mystery, all they had to do was get a subpoena. It happens all the time when law enforcement needs to determine who is behind a web site. And I was directly told that law enforcement has been involved in this case for years. Yet, those that have the authority still won't subpoena the web host for the FR owner information. Instead of doing things lawfully and legally in this way, instead someone goes out and hires a criminal hacker to try to solve the case.

JQM your heart is in the right place. I can see that you just want to solve this mystery and figure out who is behind FR. You should be commended for trying to help.

JQM-Helios

Post by JQM-Helios » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Mark, I understand what you are trying to say. BUT...
As I said on city-data.com, FR is leading people into hospital. Framing others, involved in criminal activities including the hiring of a Blackhat level 9 hacker, if that indeed occured. It is about time someone did something about that site. Just think of it this way- picture a place in nature you love. Then picture that area littered, burnt, stomped over and with campfires everywhere. To avoid places like Helios grove turning into something like that, this is why I think this hands-on approach is required.
Like your choice of vocabulary, actually. 'The TD person'. And I have looked on several sites about him, and so has Steve Hall. That name is present on Facebook, Spokeo and so on. It was on one of those sites his number of court cases was found. PM me if you like- I think I can prove what I am saying easily. Who deemed it to be fake? Doesn't look like that. Second, the AS person I believe met you on a trail in HRSP en route to Harper Flat. Steve wrote about your experience and how he exhibited clearly evasive behaviour. Does that strike you as suspicious at all? 'Someone talked'. Who talked? Someone talked to someone in this way, and soon a lot of people started blaming Mario. There is hard evidence for the TD person to be real and behind FR. And I think hard evidence for AS and someone else.
EG also leaked the first photograph of Millennium, and the fact that two trees on his site are fake raises a big question mark. EG, if you are reading this, what can you say about this?
Steve, I agree with you- a subpoena is required to solve this mystery. But if law enforcement is involved in a case where robbery of data occurs, leading people into dangerous areas and hiring hackers and fails to do anything, that also looks suspicious. So maybe indeed the person who did this is involved with RNSP. All of this word of evidence has no proof behind it. Nonsense followed by more nonsense does not make the truth. Perhaps another person who perpetrated the site is a high-ranking person, of course with a bone to pick with Mario. And the fact that the TD person has recently moved to Spokane makes him highly suspicious to be the person who hired the hacker. It seems there is one rogue group including the TD person, AS, a park ranger and another person who is behind FR. And I think I know why they hate Mario and try to frame him- it could even be his refusal to share clues and information with them that set it off. It looks like all of this is encouraged by STRL and so on who want to gain profit from a human avalanche to superlative trees.
Here's more fuel to the fire- people should be judged by actions rather than words. I know people who don't say extravagant things and colourful, but their actions cannot indicate more clearly that they are speaking the truth, as they back up everything with their actions. And at the same time, there are those who give great lectures, but do nothing.
Let's look at the facts: The TD person is probably real as his name has been recorded in court and I believe it is a gross misdeamenour to fake your name in there, and he has more than 10+ court cases.

The AS person is probably involved given the fact the was met by Steve Hall and Mark Graham en route to Harper Flat, saw them and, I quote you, Mark- "However when we were rounding a bend in the trail we met two guys going in the other direction who ducked down and started tying their shoes. It was clearly avoidance behavior, not wanting to be seen. They had nice cameras and tripods. Anyhow we said a brief cursory hello and moved on". Steve Hall said one of them was AS. Sounds fishy to me. And the images FR takes are very nice in quality, the same way a sundew flower smells nice to an insect.

Mario Vaden always protected the trees. Even now, with Hyperion found, he refuses to share directions on his site. The updated order of height has been cut off. He knows of trees which make other monsters look like children. And he didn't publish images of superlative trees, too. He still refuses to publish images of Helios. And if you have ever talked to him, you will understand he values the lives of trees, and wants them to live on for many more thousands of years, unlike FR, who wants to turn my favourite national park into a waste disposal site.
Need I go on?
Very soon, we will find out all who are involved with that site. And when we do, I will relish revealing who they are. People like that need to be ashamed to be ashamed of themselves. And I mean what I just wrote.
Thank you, Steve.

JQM-Helios

Post by JQM-Helios » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:52 am

Some more info revealed. Here- http://www.mdvaden.com/redwood_year_discovery.shtml- Mario Vaden talks about some rogue rangers who were acting very strangely and were later determined to have been acting unjustly and to be a complete fraud, in some way.
On a blog post, Mario showed a letter someone sent him on this matter. Everyone- note how strange it is. Mario, if you are comfortable with this and with revealing condition 8, can you provide info? Its ok if you don't- I can see you don't trust me, anyway, and I understand why. After what happened, I wouldn't have trusted anyone, either.
But back to that letter below. Note how it says permits are required to look for unique tree. That sounds about 200% gutter trash, and contradicts everything I know about national parks. The American national parks are even more lenient than the Russian ones- you can CAMP in them. Hiking is the reason people visit those parks. And requesting paid permits is both robbery and horrendous lying. And note that at the end it requires to provide full info. It seems Mario didn't provide any info, and thank you so much for that, Mario. Had it not been for that, a bunch of new discoveries would have been on FR by now. You provided wonderful context on your page. Which leads me to suspect- is this ranger involved with FR?
Either way, you senior environmental scientist who signed this document- you should be EXTREMELY ashamed of yourself.
And many thanks Mario for sharing this on your blog.

JQM-Helios

Post by JQM-Helios » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:53 am

redwood_permit_600-2.jpg

JQM-Helios

Post by JQM-Helios » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:55 am

I am unable to post it here- please visit city-data page 72 Hyperion: tallest redwood- I managed to post it there. Additionally, I found this info here:
http://mdvaden.com/photoblog/2014/10/16/research-permits-fines/
Mario, I apologise for scrutinising your posts like this, but I am doing this to do something about FR. Note how I am not revealing anything about what we talked about.

MarkGraham

Post by MarkGraham » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:30 pm

JQM

Reading through that city data thread there are a lot of inferences that can be made. I am sure if someone sees me in some location taking photo spheres with my cell phone they think that guy is FR, but they would be wrong. This is related to something called "results outcome scenario", where people pick up on things that support their conclusion, ignoring other things that do not support a conclusion. Lots of historic examples, remember Iraq WMD?

Anyhow, for FR, I looked through web archive, the last additions I noted were in Fall 2018, These additions included some redwoods then the big addition to the giant sequoia section. As far as I know, there have been no updates to that site for 15 months. Maybe they are done. Hope so.

Mark

Return to “California”