FR whodunnit mystery

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

SteveH

FR whodunnit mystery

Post by SteveH » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:25 pm

I know that many people at the top of the chain have claimed privately that Mario Vaden is behind or part of the FR site. But Mario adamantly denies this and claims that he was framed or set up. Mario has asked for the proof to be shown to all if any such proof exists. And I agree that it's unfair to privately spread the word that somebody is guilty and then kind of cut him off from the community without showing any proof or evidence. Mario has stated that: "There's literally no connection between me and FRs".

Here are some points that Mario has made in regards to this:

Mario states he has been to hardly any giant sequoias, which feature heavily on FR. And he has also never been to many of the redwoods.

"The simplest easy truth, is you know all those giant sequoias on FRs site? I've only been to two of them. Sherman, and one in Calaveras. With Taylor, and my wife. Other than that, no traffic cam, park cam, or cell phone tracking would ever place me, my van or phone within several hundred miles of any of the other trees. Simply said, I can't own or post photos that I never took from trees I never went to. Actually, not only have I not been to most all of the giant sequoias FRs has been to and listed. I haven't even been to a lot of the coast redwoods.They had (name removed), (name removed), (name removed), etc., .. and I'd never been to any of those trees. Which is remarkable, because I have the GPS coordinate files for everything here."

Mario says that he doesn't want to see special trees that he discovered trashed.

"Wouldn't you agree it's still insane to think I'd burn up all my time protecting trees those years with a site that does me no good? Consider ... like "oh yeah, let me invite idiots to come in and thrash the beauty of Grogan's Fault !!"."

Mario reminds everyone that the FR site is loaded with errors that he could have easily fixed if he was running it.

"If I was really helping them, they would have (name removed), (name removed) would have a photo, and many more. And no way would the line for (name removed) go straight through huckleberry hell like shown on their map. I always follow the forks. Nor would (name removed) or (name removed) be stuck in Redwood National Park. That site list is still riddled with wrong guesses."

Mario said if an IP trace connected his home computer to FR's site, it was just a coincidence that is shared by others.

"It would be no surprise if there was some connection between our IP and FRs though. But it would be near identical to you and Mark. Have you ever looked at one of the 360 degree views at FRs? That would take a connection to FRs and that server to download the data. So I think all our our computers may be recorded for that. So I question whether they encountered a log connection for download and interpreted it as upload."

Mario wants to see his so-called "proof of payment" which allegedly connects him to paying for the FR site. He said such a document doesn't exist. And if it did, it could be used to shut down the site.

"Sure wish I really had receipt or proof of payment. That would be the golden egg to access the site, get in, gut it, and shut it down. Can you imagine the value of a piece of paper to gain access and control legally? Seriously. If the parks or STRL next week would get on a conference call, and show proof of payment for that so we could all access the site together, that would awesome wouldn't it? I'd be game to try if they can get a supervisor on a 3 way conference call. Assuming we can gain control of the domain."

Mario wants any proof that connects him with the FR site to be posted and discussed publicly, which will allow him to clear his good name.

"I think if they feel they are telling the truth, they should just post documents online. If it's truth, why hide it?"

Mario says that anyone who has falsely accused him of being part of FR should resign from any official posts they have.

"On the other hand, if it's BS and their lying about stuff (probably), I'd insist that (name redacted) or someone agree to resign their position. and maybe not even step foot in Redwood National for like year. Because I think there needs to be a good consequence for falsely accusing someone."

Mario says he has been trying to fight in behalf of his good name and clear himself but there is only so much he can do.

"A guilty person won't try to contact godaddy for documents, nor contact save the redwoods league managment like I did. And I think the blog post I put up and sharing it on facebook groups reaching thousands of the tree community takes my story in front of everybody. In other words,all I see from others is talk, and what I've got is 40 years with letters of reference and good deeds. Documented too. So now the other side just has to shut up and drop it. Or speak up, attack, and still get a big surprise."

Mario said GoDaddy has cleared him and confirmed to him that he does not own FR and FR was not opened in his name by someone else.

"The agent said they could provide me all the receipts for all the payments and domains I have, or had, with them. And all they could dig up were the two domains I have publicly open. vadenphotography and mdvaden. So that seems to vaporize any theoretical chance someone falsely registered another site in my name falsely or illegally. For me, this isn't really news, since I'm fully aware of my two websites and payments. Any new news just reveals the nature of panic and panting by initiators of rumors. GoDaddy already documented I have, and had, only the two sites."

Finally, Mario reminds everyone that he is just the latest in a long line of other people who have been falsely accused.

"In the past few years, some people thought it was Steve. Others thought it was Mark from Illinois. Some thought it was a guy named Max from Arcata. Then .. a couple years ago, John (who is now on the the league's board), told me over the phone he suspected it may be someone with Save the Redwoods League, like one of the board members. I forget who Michael Taylor thought it might be, but there were at least a couple people. So these past several years, a whole bunch of names have been named as suspected owners of that site, without a molecule of proof."

JHarkness

Re: FR whodunnit mystery

Post by JHarkness » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:00 pm

I am confused here, have I missed something in my absence from the BBS? What exactly is this FR site? I do hope someone can explain this for my sake, and for any others who have not heard of this.

Thanks,
Joshua Harkness
"Be not simply good; be good for something." Henry David Thoreau

MarkGraham

Post by MarkGraham » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:17 pm

This finger pointing has been going on for four years. Looks like now some kind of cyber investigation has occurred, with dubious results.

I am not and have never been a creator or contributor to FR in any way, and I don't think Mario and the others named in the original post are either.

I don't know who FR is.

John Harvey

Post by John Harvey » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Whoever it is, it has to be multiple people and I believe the drive must be monetary. That much work wouldn’t have been done out of pure revenge or some sort of Robin Hood mentality.
John D Harvey (JohnnyDJersey)

East Coast and West Coast Big Tree Hunter

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." - Matt Fox

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:48 pm

It looks like no one out there has any type of evidence to post or discuss. If you do, please post it here. MD Vaden would like have that alleged evidence out in the open for all to see and discuss, if it exists as claimed. Once again, he loudly and clearly states for everyone to hear: "There's literally no connection between me and FRs".

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:40 pm

It's been another 2 months gone by in regards to the FR crisis and figuring out who's behind it. Does anybody have any updates or evidence they'd like to share?

mdvaden

Post by mdvaden » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am

SteveH wrote:It's been another 2 months gone by in regards to the FR crisis and figuring out who's behind it. Does anybody have any updates or evidence they'd like to share?
Steve, consider condensing your original post to a few most pertinent points. But RE your last posts, let me add that I don't particularly need alleged evidence, where no real evidence can exist. But rather, people revealed, who are sources of rumors. I have an update some may find interesting.

This week, hiking north of Orick, a board member of STRL passed us. I called and and began a conversation. There were two other men with me, one being a regular member of the STRL, I will be sharing more about this on my site this week. But the board member called a couple days later and we were able to exchange some interesting insights on this matter.

M. D. Vaden of Oregon = http://www.mdvaden.com

200 Pages - Coast Redwoods - http://www.mdvaden.com/grove_of_titans.shtml

Portraits & Weddings - http://www.vadenphotography.com

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi Mario, do you have any updates on the FR whodunnit mystery?

One thing we can take away from this original post made almost 4 months ago is that you have pretty much been completely cleared of any involvement. As you stated "no real evidence can exist" and it apparently doesn't because nobody posted anything here in response. So I think I can speak in behalf of most reasonable people and say you have been completely cleared.

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Steve, The absence of evidence is not necessarily the evidence of absence. However, to this day I have not seen anything that proves Mario is part of FR, therefore he should be assumed innocent unless proven otherwise.

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for clarifying, Michael. I think your words sum up everything nicely. I hope the real culprit will be caught someday. Perhaps they already were and most of us just don't know about it.

Return to “California”