Alabama State Champion Live Oak update

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Alabama State Champion Live Oak update

Postby Larry Tucei » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:18 pm

ENTS,   Chris Francis an Arborist from Alabama sent me an update on the Olde Oak, the Alabama State Champion Live Oak. I measured the tree back in 08. Chris did some work on the tree for the owner who has developed an Apartment complex around the great tree. It looks like from the photos that his company did a great job in preparation for the developement. I'll have to go back and check it out. I hope the tree does ok. I wish the owner would not have developed the area but untill I see it for myself I cannot say. A link to Chris's website with photos of the Oak during the preparation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         "The construction project was the whole reason why we were called in there.  No one knew it was the state champion tree; I had to order a new certificate for them.  Apparently, there was a petting zoo and many other attractions on the site previously.  The current owner has built an apartment complex around the tree and named it Olde Oak Apartments."                                                                                                                       http://chrisfrancislandscapes.com/index ... &Itemid=35                Larry
Larry Tucei

Has Liked: 698 times
Has Been Liked: 588 times
Print view this post

Return to Alabama