"SnowMom of the Pines"

Forests and trees that are special to ENTS members. Place that elicit powerful emotional feelings and fond and deep memories to that person.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Larry Tucei

Re: " SnowMom of the Pines "

Post by Larry Tucei » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

James, I hope for the best and will keep her in my prayers to. Larry

James Parton

Re: "SnowMom of the Pines "

Post by James Parton » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Everyone,

Times like this are difficult and I know replies come hard to say. I would be the same way, but folks, I thank you anyway. It is the thoughts that truly matter.

Thank you all!

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Marcboston

Post by Marcboston » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you too.

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:02 pm

All,

Today, July 27th 2011 in Hospice care my mother passed away at 3pm. My sister was at her side with her as she drew her last breath. Though I mourn and will miss her terribly, I take great comfort that she is with God and that awful cancer is left behind. Praise God!

But tonight I celebrate. Death is but a doorway to Heaven. To the Upperworld. Mom has joined the rest of my ancestors and will continue to be a guiding force in my life, as she has always been. Tonight I celebrate her crossing the veil. It is a Rite of Passage for her. My candles are lit inside and my lanterns are lit outside. I play joyous music and give thanks and praise.

Today I kissed her lifeless body farewell but I also looked skyward in prayer and love. In time I will go through the doorway of death and on the other side she will be waiting for me.

Mom had also really approved of my druidry once she learned more about it. And she loved my work with ENTS. She is featured in a number of my posts.

Farewell, Mom. I love you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJZFj4BdnA&feature=related

" Gone From My Sight "

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: “There, she is gone!”

“Gone where?”

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: “There, she is gone!” There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: “Here she comes!”

And that is dying.

~Henry Van Dyke
Last edited by James Parton on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:52 am

James, So sorry to here about your Moms passing. If I can do anything for you please let me know. My prayers are with you and your family. Larry

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 am

James,

My condolences on the passing of your mom. I know it hurts. That will never really go away, but it will become easier to deal with over time. I still bothered by my fathers death twenty years ago. I a sure she was proud of you.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

tomhoward

Post by tomhoward » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:44 am

James,

I am sorry. I don't know what to say. I lost my mom in 2009 to congestive heart failure, and my dad in 1976 to cancer, chemotherapy, and endocarditis, a heart infection that his weakened immune system could not stop. I miss both of them everyday.

What you say about passing to the Upperworld seems best - she is gone to a better place. The Catholic priest at my mom's funeral said we go through 3 stages of life - first in the womb, then in this world, and finally through death to the Afterlife. it is a comforting thought that we all will meet there some day.

Tom Howard

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am

Tom,

Mom died of multiple conditions too. The cancer, an infection and the treatments had lowered her immune system tremendously. To be honest, at the end I did not know which one was doing her the most harm, the cancer or the treatments.

At one time I had a lot of faith in modern medical technology but Cancer, or the lack of real treatments for it has dampened this. Chemo and radiation is really primitive. In theory the cancer is more susceptible to chemicals and radiation than normal body cells and doctors essentially poison the body hoping it kills the cancer first. But it takes a toll on the body and if the cancer is not killed off and the cancer persists I feel the treatments do more harm than good. I think the treatments gave mom more hope than anything else. The best thing for treating cancer is early detection!!

Mom had Congestive Heart Disease too, but the cancer got her first.

Mom is at peace in heaven. Waiting on me. A Methodist Pastor told me that they are little sense of time in heaven. To her it will be only a " blink of an eye " before she greets me there.
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

Shorea

Post by Shorea » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:08 pm

James,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences. I am sure your mom is in a better place. I lost my dad sometime ago, and till today, I often wish he was here.

Darrin

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Darrin,

Thank you very much for the kind words and thoughts. I sure dread it when my dad's time comes. We are really close. I share much in common with him. I can hardly enter a forest without him coming to mind.
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

Return to “Special Places”