Will Blozan's many trees

A selection of founder Robert Leverett's more philosophical posts and trip reports.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

dbhguru

Will Blozan's many trees

Post by dbhguru » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:08 pm

ENTS,

Will Blozan, my long time friend and the president and co-founder of ENTS, has three trees named in his honor - of which I am aware. He has a white pine in the ENTS Grove of MTSF. That tree is the first one that was confirmed as a 150 in the ENTS grove, by none other than Will himself. Will's second tree is a picture perfect Colorado blue spruce that grows at around 8,200 feet in the La Plata sub-range of the San Juan range of the Colorado Rockies. As of yesterday, Will received another tree, a white ash growing at the base of Todd Mtn in MTSF.

Two images are presented below of Will's new tree. The first image shows Bart Bouricius measuring the girth of Will's tree. The second image shows Will's tree in profile. It is straight as an arrow. Its statistics are: girth = 7.1 feet, height = 141.3 feet. The tree is relatively young and very healthy. Viva la youth.

Bob
WillBlozanAshTree.jpg
WillBlozanAshTreeProfile.jpg
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

James Parton

Re: Will Blozan's many trees

Post by James Parton » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Bob,

It's an honor well deserved.

James

James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Marcboston

Re: Will Blozan's many trees

Post by Marcboston » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Wow that is really tall. I bet I would have missed that tree when in leaf because the trunk is not so big. Very good find and congrats Will!

Return to “Leverett's Lounge”