Video: Sine Method - Eye Level Above Base

Video demonstrations of various tree measurement methods.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Video: Sine Method - Eye Level Above Base

Postby Matt Markworth » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:20 pm

NTS,

Here's the 5th video in my tree measurement video series. I wanted to lay some groundwork in the previous videos before presenting the sine method, and it was nice to finally pull out a laser and set the tape measure aside.

I think the next video will also be the sine method, but with the eye level below the base. I want to emphasize when the vertical distance to the base gets subtracted from the vertical distance to the top, instead of added. I'm also simultaneously working on "Video Notes" for each video that will have diagrams, formulas, and key takeaways from the videos.

It's viewed best directly on Youtube with the setting changed to HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtuO_erqwgQ

I would typically embed the video here, but the youtube BBCode doesn't seem to be working for this particular post.

Matt

For this message the author Matt Markworth has received Likes - 2:
Mark Collins, sradivoy
Matt Markworth

Has Liked: 1064 times
Has Been Liked: 814 times
Print view this post

#2)  Re: Video: Sine Method - Eye Level Above Base

Postby sradivoy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 am

I'm really enjoying these videos! Many thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into it. I like how you slowly and methodically build on what you did previously, gaining new heights (no pun intended) and know how with each new video. Excellent systematic approach! Like climbing a mountain (of knowledge).
sradivoy

Has Liked: 45 times
Has Been Liked: 128 times
Print view this post

#3)  Video: Sine Method - Eye Level Above Base

Postby Matt Markworth » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 pm

sradivoy wrote:I'm really enjoying these videos! Many thanks for all the time and effort you're putting into it. I like how you slowly and methodically build on what you did previously, gaining new heights (no pun intended) and know how with each new video. Excellent systematic approach! Like climbing a mountain (of knowledge).

I appreciate the kind words! I enjoy doing them very much and now that I have a system down they're pretty easy to make.

Along with making more videos the next project will be completing "video notes" to go along with each video. I'll keep sharing them on the BBS and I'm also keeping all the materials and videos centrally located on a new site I set up. So far I've done some formatting on the site, worked on some thumbnail images, and added the five videos I've done so far. Here's the url: https://treechannel.wordpress.com

Matt

For this message the author Matt Markworth has received Likes :
sradivoy
Matt Markworth

Has Liked: 1064 times
Has Been Liked: 814 times
Print view this post

Return to Tree Measurement Videos