Video: SOH CAH TOA

Video demonstrations of various tree measurement methods.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Video: SOH CAH TOA

Postby Matt Markworth » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:20 am

NTS,

Here's the most recent video for my video series on tree measurement. This one is focused on basic concepts and in the video series it comes before the other two that I previously shared. This playlist puts them in the correct order for the purposes of showing them to someone who is getting started in tree measurement: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgHJCOHa3zFLXtYOD3hfO-k5Ly_kux9W1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJt6_vapxJg

My next video will be a tangent-based measurement on sloping ground and in the playlist it will come after the first 3.

Matt
Matt Markworth

Has Liked: 1061 times
Has Been Liked: 812 times
Print view this post

#2)  Re: Video: SOH CAH TOA

Postby djluthringer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:48 am

Matt,

Great job on these videos.  Using these visual aids as a basic tutorial is likely the best way I've seen these methods explained in the classroom.  Bob's done a great job in trying to represent these in Excel.  Either one beats my "flapping arm" method...

Dale
djluthringer

Has Liked: 0 times
Has Been Liked: 45 times
Print view this post

#3)  Video: SOH CAH TOA

Postby Matt Markworth » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks Dale!

I'm also working on a one page document that will accompany each video. The steps, formulas, and diagram will mirror what was shown in the video. I think they'll be a nice takeaway to reinforce the topic covered and I'll probably do them in pdf form for easy viewing on a computer or for printing.

Matt
Matt Markworth

Has Liked: 1061 times
Has Been Liked: 812 times
Print view this post

Return to Tree Measurement Videos