white deer

Accounts of wildlife and wildlife encounters.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

jamesrobertsmith

Re: white deer

Post by jamesrobertsmith » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:15 pm

They're mainly a sick bunch, hunters. I used to hunt until I grew the hell up. Some people never get it out of their systems. I have nephews and brothers-in-law who will travel (literally) the world over to kill animals with their guns. Oh, well. As I said, soon the point will be moot when the megafauna are all gone and the small game too will be on the wane.

Marcboston

Re: white deer

Post by Marcboston » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:49 pm

I personally am not against hunting. In the absence of wolves and mountain lions here in Massachusetts the deer have really had the run of the place. (In the same breath, I think it would be cool if we get some wolves and cougar back here again.) I myself dont hunt but know many people who do. I can only speak of the people I know and they all seem to follow the rules. I love venison sausage so maybe it has clouded my judgement. I was bummed to hear an albino deer was shot by a hunter from a nearby town of mine I like to think that if I were hunting and saw such an anomaly I would not take the shot. Something so rare should be preserved and left to natures devises.

Return to “Wildlife and Wildlife Encounters”