Ents site descriptions

Information about the Native Tree Society organization itself http://www.nativetreesociety.org including meetings, events, and operations.
dbhguru

Re: Ents site descriptions

Post by dbhguru » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Ed, Eli, Ryan, Chris, et al.

My concern about our stuff getting lost in cyberspace is not to be taken literally. I do realize that a determined researcher can assemble the material using available tools. I'm really talking about convenience, visibility, promotion, and focus.

In terms of Massachusetts, here is the way the list shapes up.

1. Mohawk Trail State Forest
2. Monroe State Forest
3. Ice Glen
4. Mount Greylock SR
5. Robinson SP and Mount Tom SR battling it out about even
6. Bryant Homestead

Beyond these, it becomes a dice roll. I'll explain the criteria I am using later. Gotta get ready for a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway tomorrow.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Eli,

There is only so much that can be done to make a page or file visible. I can create individual web pages for the guides and post them on the website. I can make sure each page is appropriately named and add meta keyword lists and meta descriptions to the webpage headings. I can link to them from the BBS. This is about all that can be done to optimize the pages for the search engines. If there was something more that could be done to highlight the website and BBS and individual pages within them I would be doing it. Many of the public parks have "Friends" groups or commercial groups that are associated with them. These could be contacted so that the they could add the guidebook links for that park to their website. I will post about it to Facebook, maybe create a note that will persist in the notes section of the Facebook page for the guidebooks. There isn't much more I can think to do.

Ed

"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

eliahd24

Post by eliahd24 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:21 am

Have fun on the Parkway Bob! Spring came very early this year (about a month early), so you should spot some wildflowers and leaf out at lowest elevations. Some spring ephemerals may even be spent by now in some locations. I look forward to pictures and a great report as always,
Eli

Return to “Native Tree Society”