eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

A monthly magazine featuring posts made to the Native Tree Society BBS for that period.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

Postby edfrank » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:28 am

As many of you have noticed I have not put together an issue of the eNTS magazine since July.  The magazine is on hiatus.  I will try to get an issue out at the end of the year.  There is plenty of material, in fact almost too much, but compiling the issue is a problem for me at this time.

I am having some personal difficulties (no I am not ill) and as the situation deteriorates I am feeling more and more overwhelmed by even normal activities, let alone projects such as the magazine.  Instead of being driven to greater action to meet these goals, I am paralyzed into inaction.

I would like to ask anyone interested in the NTS organization to consider taking over the production of the eNTS magazine.  The new editor would determine format, frequency of publication, and select content.  I would help them post completed issues to the BBS and website.  I do not want to see the magazine idea abandoned completely.  I will put out an annual issue if nobody else tales on the task of editing the magazine as a more frequent periodical.

So please someone take over as editor of the eNTS Magazine.

Edward Forrest Frank
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

For this message the author edfrank has received Likes - 2:
jamesrobertsmith, PAwildernessadvocate
edfrank
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 0
Has Liked: 915 times
Has Been Liked: 706 times
Blog: View Blog (3)
Print view this post

#2)  Re: eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

Postby dbhguru » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Ed,

We are very sorry to learn of your personal situation and wish you the best of luck. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. You have done so very, very much for NTS. The magazine can wait if nobody steps forward. We have plenty of material and plenty of activity on the BBS. No need to feel pressure on anything.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and Executive Director
Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest

For this message the author dbhguru has received Likes :
PAwildernessadvocate
dbhguru

Has Liked: 4 times
Has Been Liked: 1087 times
Print view this post

#3)  Re: eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

Postby PAwildernessadvocate » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Ed, sorry to hear about your situation. In the back of my mind I thought there might be something going on as I hadn't noticed you posting much lately here.

I have so much else going on that I regret to say I can't offer to help with the magazine project, but I hope someone else does.

Best wishes, and hang in there!
"There is no better way to save biodiversity than by preserving habitat, and no better habitat, species for species, than wilderness." --Edward O. Wilson
PAwildernessadvocate

Has Liked: 166 times
Has Been Liked: 72 times
Print view this post

#4)  Re: eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

Postby Larry Tucei » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Ed-  I to hope you get better soon. You are so much a part of NTS and the Magazine has been fantastic. Someone can take in on but it will not be the same without you. I don't think I could to it. If I can help you in anyway please contact me.  Larry
Larry Tucei

Has Liked: 698 times
Has Been Liked: 588 times
Print view this post

#5)  Re: eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

Postby michael gatonska » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Ed,
I just saw this post - I am sorry to read that you are going through some personal difficulties, and I just wanted to write to you and let you know that I hope that you will be feeling better very soon!

All best, Michael
Michael Gatonska
“What is essential, is invisible to the eye” –Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.youtube.com/user/EcoEarSoundscapes?ob=0&feature=results_main
michael gatonska

{ IMAGES }: 2
Has Liked: 80 times
Has Been Liked: 58 times
Print view this post

#6)  Re: eNTS Magazine on Hiatus

Postby jamesrobertsmith » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Take care, Ed! There are more important issues about than producing a free zine for the members.
jamesrobertsmith

Has Liked: 522 times
Has Been Liked: 117 times
Print view this post

Return to eNTS Magazine