Manual For Laser Technology Impulse 200LR

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Manual For Laser Technology Impulse 200LR

Post by M.W.Taylor » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Attached is the manual for the Laser Technology Impulse200LR in pdf format.
Attachments
Impulse200LR user manual.pdf
Impulse200LR manual
(437.06 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

dbhguru

Re: Manual For Laser Technology Impulse 200LR

Post by dbhguru » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Michael,

Thanks. Looking forward to getting my unit and immediately putting it to use.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

mdvaden

Post by mdvaden » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 pm

M.W.Taylor wrote:Attached is the manual for the Laser Technology Impulse200LR in pdf format.
Thanks Michael.

I have the original printed manual, but will download just in case it gets misplaced someday.

M. D. Vaden of Oregon = http://www.mdvaden.com

200 Pages - Coast Redwoods - http://www.mdvaden.com/grove_of_titans.shtml

Portraits & Weddings - http://www.vadenphotography.com

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 am

Michael- Thanks it will be a big help and will look forward to using. Larry

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:19 pm

dbhguru wrote:Michael,

Thanks. Looking forward to getting my unit and immediately putting it to use.

Bob

Your laser is in transit. Should get it soon Bob.

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:15 am

Michael-
Got my 200LR yesterday and immediately measured my little Live Oak in the front yard. Mounted it on my tripod and got 21.84' in Height. The Oak was plated in 2011 so its clipping along quite nicely. Super accurate instrument and can't wait to get in the Forest this Fall with this bad boy. I will bring it with me to Oak Alley when I go in October for some super accurate measurements on one of the largest groups of Live Oaks in the South. Thanks again for all you have done!

Bob- I also will Model the Josephine Stewart Oak while I'm there which is approaching 30' in Circumference. Should get some interesting numbers on her- 3000+ Cubes.
Larry

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:10 am

Larry,

My Impulse arrived yesterday afternoon and after a small glitch getting started, I'm well into testing the instrument, and love it. I've named it Sasquatch. So, let's see, I have Sasquatch, Zeus, Sparky, and Gizmo (reticle) as mainline workers.

I am always impressed with the miniaturization that LTI has achieved. From the Impulse to the TruPulse to the upcoming TruPoint, the size reduction is beyond remarkable. My collection is approaching museum status.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and President

Larry Tucei

Post by Larry Tucei » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:51 am

Bob- Hahahaha you have so much equipment wildlife can hear you coming a mile away!!! Larry

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:13 pm

dbhguru wrote:Larry,

My Impulse arrived yesterday afternoon and after a small glitch getting started, I'm well into testing the instrument, and love it. I've named it Sasquatch. So, let's see, I have Sasquatch, Zeus, Sparky, and Gizmo (reticle) as mainline workers.

I am always impressed with the miniaturization that LTI has achieved. From the Impulse to the TruPulse to the upcoming TruPoint, the size reduction is beyond remarkable. My collection is approaching museum status.

Bob

Have you seen or used the Criterion 400 ? This was the predecessor to the Impulse200. This is what Robert VanPelt used when measuring tree volumes in his book Forests Giants. It has a built in reticule scope and software that calculates diameters on the spot. It's BIG and bulky. Then there was the Hydro 1, an even bigger instrument (huge behemoth) that preceded the Criterion 400. That thing was a monster to carry. Mike Fay of National Geographic used this back in the late 80's to measure the height of bull elephants in Africa. He could have tried using a ladder and tape measure but the elephants probably would not have liked that. The Criterion rangefinder allow him to measure at a safe distance. Later on in his research, he got attacked, thrown into a tree and disemboweled by a bull elephant that came out of nowhere in the bush. He was lucky to have survived that. I think this was the first commercially available laser range finder that did not need a reflector.

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Michael,

Maybe you and I should start a museum of tree-measuring devices. I still have my old Nikon Prostaff 440, but gave away my LTI TruPulse 200. Bad move. My Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 died and went to laser valhalla. My Litespeed 400 was buried long ago. Don’t remember where I buried it. I still have an Optilogic something or other. Never was very good. I gave Ray Asselin my Nikon Forestry 550, but I’ve held onto my Nikon Forestry Pro.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and President

Return to “Measurement and Dendromorphometry”