Laser Tech Impulse 200LR(s) blowout sale - sold out !

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Laser Tech Impulse 200LR(s) blowout sale - sold out !

Post by M.W.Taylor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Here is an opportunity to get VERY specialized equipment to measure trees accurately to 2cm.

I recently acquired a large quantity used of Laser Tech Impulse 200LRs in an auction. Original cost on these was $3,750. This is the long range model (LR). The Impulse200LR is more accurate than the replacement model, the Trupulse200X in both laser range and angle precision. The all metal Impulse200LR is considerably heavier though, 1174 grams vs. 444 grams.

I am selling these on ebay for $299. Any registered ENTS member will get a $125 discount. Just make offer of $175 and state your ENTS handle to get the Impulse200LR for $175. This includes the factory L-bracket, side bracket, hand-strap and data cable.

The units are newer manufacture (2010) and all have fresh receivers in that they range out to 1200+ft on tree tops. The previous owner was careful to never point these at the sun.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173484196389?s ... 1555.l2649

I am selling these, one at a time on Ebay. Each Impulse200LR has been freshly calibrated and is ready to use. I also give a 1 year warranty on these lasers to ENTS members only and full tech support. If your laser should have a problem due to no fault of your own, I will repair it. If not repairable I'll give you a full refund instead.

This is a steal for this magnificent laser rangefinder. It's the best that was ever made.
Last edited by M.W.Taylor on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lucas

Re: Laser Technology Impulse 200LR(s) for sale

Post by Lucas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Not to hijack the thread but I tried PM replies to you that seem hung in the outbox. Why I don't know.
We travel the Milky way together, trees and men. - John Muir

Erik Danielsen

Post by Erik Danielsen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:37 pm

When you say "a large number" of units- I hope there are enough to hold out until I get to the bank tomorrow! The receiver on my old 200B is almost definitely wearing out, getting really bad at reading twigs and trunk edges.

mdvaden

Post by mdvaden » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello Michael.

I was just thinking about you and Ebay the other day, while looking at something different, which is lenses.

Those are marvelous lasers. I had thought of selling mine, but the other day, I got a grading project to dig a wedge out of a hill for an above ground pool. Having the laser enabled me to earn a nice day's income that couldn't have been done lacking that tool. The one day earned close to half my original payment years ago. So I'm going to keep my 200LR for years to come. For trees, for landscape work, and for other stuff. I've also used it for other landscape stuff in the past like drainage, and quite a few times in the forest.

I'm going to let Mark Graham know about your post here, just in case. It's not tiny, but he may like one.
M. D. Vaden of Oregon = http://www.mdvaden.com

200 Pages - Coast Redwoods - http://www.mdvaden.com/grove_of_titans.shtml

Portraits & Weddings - http://www.vadenphotography.com

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes, you can make money off these lasers !
mdvaden wrote:Hello Michael.

I was just thinking about you and Ebay the other day, while looking at something different, which is lenses.

Those are marvelous lasers. I had thought of selling mine, but the other day, I got a grading project to dig a wedge out of a hill for an above ground pool. Having the laser enabled me to earn a nice day's income that couldn't have been done lacking that tool. The one day earned close to half my original payment years ago. So I'm going to keep my 200LR for years to come. For trees, for landscape work, and for other stuff. I've also used it for other landscape stuff in the past like drainage, and quite a few times in the forest.

I'm going to let Mark Graham know about your post here, just in case. It's not tiny, but he may like one.

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Erik Danielsen wrote:When you say "a large number" of units- I hope there are enough to hold out until I get to the bank tomorrow! The receiver on my old 200B is almost definitely wearing out, getting really bad at reading twigs and trunk edges.

I have 5 calibrated and ready to sell on Ebay. And a few more I am checking out. If they for some reason sell out fast, I have 5 others not listed on Ebay. One of those will have your name on it after I check the calibration. Be sure to give your ENTS handle in the make offer screen in Ebay so I know it's you.

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Erik Danielsen wrote:When you say "a large number" of units- I hope there are enough to hold out until I get to the bank tomorrow! The receiver on my old 200B is almost definitely wearing out, getting really bad at reading twigs and trunk edges.
Erik, One thing to note is the Truplse200b has a narrower laser so it gets through tight windows better. This laser may compliment your survey armada, using the TP200b for exploratory missions and preliminary heights. Then use the Impulse200LR (the heavy artillery) for accuracy by getting as far back on the top as possible, even from a hillside and surveying to the base. Toting the Impulse200LR in your backpack is about the same as carrying around a small brick. You do feel the extra weight on long, steep hikes for sure.

Erik Danielsen

Re: Laser Technology Impulse 200LR(s) for sale - extreme bar

Post by Erik Danielsen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Michael, that's sort of what I was figuring. 200B for exploration and situations where quantity of trees is more crucial than precision, 200LR for solid accurate measurement. I'm often in deep, narrow gorges where there's no other choice than to measure from the top to an external point, from the base to another point that can be seen from the first one, and then measure the height between, so the beam width may not make a big practical difference but the greater precision might minimize the inherent opportunity for errors in that process.As I've been getting into reticle volume modeling as well the weaknesses of the 200B laser (especially with it seeming to be getting a bit worn out) start to feel limiting. I did think about the weight- similar to my old camera so I don't think it'll be an issue. Tree days will still be the "light" field days- no plant press or flora!

mdvaden

Post by mdvaden » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:51 pm

M.W.Taylor wrote:
Erik, One thing to note is the Truplse200b has a narrower laser so it gets through tight windows better. This laser may compliment your survey armada, using the TP200b for exploratory missions and preliminary heights. Then use the Impulse200LR (the heavy artillery) for accuracy by getting as far back on the top as possible, even from a hillside and surveying to the base. Toting the Impulse200LR in your backpack is about the same as carrying around a small brick. You do feel the extra weight on long, steep hikes for sure.
Michael. There's an easy remedy for that aspect of this laser that would make it as light as a feather for anyone. I bet over half the people reading this could (or need to) lose 5 pounds. Remember when I lost 60 pounds? Back then this laser was like an extra brick's weight to carry. But after losing the equal of a bag of concrete. my Impulse 200LR was like carrying a negative - 57 pounds. Anyone getting this unit just need to trim a few pounds. I was trimming over a brick of cheese weight every week for 30 weeks. After 30 weeks, I could carry 15 of these laser and been lighter than 6 months earlier with a single laser.
Attachments
Cheese.jpg
M. D. Vaden of Oregon = http://www.mdvaden.com

200 Pages - Coast Redwoods - http://www.mdvaden.com/grove_of_titans.shtml

Portraits & Weddings - http://www.vadenphotography.com

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Re: Laser Tech Impulse 200LR(s) blowout sale - sold out !

Post by M.W.Taylor » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Thank you ENTS members for taking advantage of this offer and helping me get rid of excess inventory. Although sold out, I am in negotiations with the construction company for their last 9 Impulse 200LRs. If they can give me a the same low price as last time I can offer ENTS the same discount of $125 on each laser. I will make a new posting on ENTS and new Ebay auction if I can successfully acquire this new batch. Thank you again, Michael

Return to “Measurement and Dendromorphometry”