Who's On Board?

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

bbeduhn

Re: Who's On Board?

Post by bbeduhn » Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 am

Bob,
I'm definitely in as well...and looking forward to cleaning up the ranks of the champions.
Brian

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Wed May 07, 2014 8:36 am

Brian,

Thanks. Don and I will keep everybody up on the news as we press forward. We will soon meet Sheri Shannon's replacement. Hopefully, he will carry forward what Sheri has started. I think that is likely. NTS has never been better positioned to play a major role in the process of crowning champion trees.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Wed May 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Bob,

Definitely still count me in. Having the opportunity to measure some of the National Champions is a no-brainer. In addition to measuring out in the forest, I greatly enjoy slowing down and taking time with the big open-grown trees that tend to be the champions.I recently had a phone conversation with the Ohio big tree coordinator and I'll have the opportunity to remeasure some of the State Champs in SW Ohio, especially trees that haven't been measured in many years.

Many kudos to you and Don for all of your efforts. I can't wait to see the various materials that you guys are creating.

Matt

John Harvey

Post by John Harvey » Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm available and looking forward to offer any assistance I can!
John D Harvey (JohnnyDJersey)

East Coast and West Coast Big Tree Hunter

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." - Matt Fox

Don

Post by Don » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Patrick, Guy, Turner, Patty, Larry, Andrew, Doug, Brian, Matt, John-
You are music to our ears ! We are certainly in the formative stage of assembling a cadre, of both ground up measurers, and tape drop down climbers. Keep those 'cards and letters coming in', we love hearing from you!
-Don
Don Bertolette - President/Moderator, WNTS BBS
Restoration Forester (Retired)
Science Center
Grand Canyon National Park

BJCP Apprentice Beer Judge

View my Alaska Big Tree List Webpage at:
http://www.akbigtreelist.org

Bart Bouricius

Post by Bart Bouricius » Fri May 09, 2014 6:33 am

I will certainly help when I am in the North.

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Fri May 09, 2014 3:57 pm

dbhguru wrote:Hi Dendromorphometrists,

The American Forests Measuring Guidelines Work Group (AFMGWG) presses on. Don and I are completing our webinar PowerPoints scheduled for May 20, 27, and June 3rd. We're also perfecting the measuring guidelines toward an inclusive handbook, per AF's latest direction.
Bob, Don,

Thanks again for your efforts and I'm really looking forward to the webinars. I got registered today with the links on the AF homepage article. It was super easy and the confirmation emails updated my Microsoft Outlook calendar, which is really efficient. Looks like TCI has a really nice set up for this!

Matt

pattyjenkins1

Post by pattyjenkins1 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:46 am

Matt--not sure what you mean by "TCI as a really nice set up for this!", but I've posted the webinars on the TCI Facebook page, and will be publicizing them again next week when I put out our newsletter. Such a great way for teaching folks who want to get involved! Thanks Bob and Don!
patty
Patty Jenkins
Executive Director
Tree Climbers International, Inc.
Get High / Climb Trees

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Sat May 10, 2014 9:56 am

pattyjenkins1 wrote:Matt--not sure what you mean by "TCI as a really nice set up for this!", but I've posted the webinars on the TCI Facebook page, and will be publicizing them again next week when I put out our newsletter. Such a great way for teaching folks who want to get involved! Thanks Bob and Don!
patty
Oops, sorry Patty! Thanks for catching that! Got my acronyms mixed up, I meant to say LTI. I first heard about the AF article from your Facebook post, thanks so much for posting. It gave me a chance to block out hour long lunches on those 3 days to watch the webinars, when I typically only take a half hour lunch.

Matt

Return to “Measurement and Dendromorphometry”