LTI Trupulse Repairs

General discussions of measurement techniques and the results of testing of techniques and equipment.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

ElijahW

LTI Trupulse Repairs

Post by ElijahW » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 pm

NTS,

The main instrument I use for measuring tree heights is a Laser Technology, Inc. Trupulse 200X. It's a fine piece of equipment: reliable, accurate, and rugged; however, occasionally (actually often) I drop it several feet, knock it against trees and/or rocks, and generally abuse it. The 200X has never missed a beat, but recently, the hard plastic eyepiece broke off, as did a part of the battery cover.

I contacted LTI's sales department through their website and was able to order the individual parts needed to make my laser whole again. I'm not advertising for them here, but I have to say that everyone I had contact with at LTI was very helpful and I received my parts in the mail very quickly.

I thought I'd post a few photos of my 5-minute repair project here in case anyone was interested. The only tools I used were a pair of locking pliers (to remove the remnants of the old eyepiece), alcohol, and cotton swabs (for cleaning).
Broken tab on battery door
Broken tab on battery door
New battery door installed
New battery door installed
Damaged eyepiece removed (missing hard plastic piece)
Damaged eyepiece removed (missing hard plastic piece)
Installed new eyepiece assembly
Elijah

Return to “Measurement and Dendromorphometry”