Origin, Mission, and Accomplishments of NTS

Information about the Native Tree Society and its chapters, including: the Eastern Native Tree Society and the Western Native Tree Society.
dbhguru

Origin, Mission, and Accomplishments of NTS

Post by dbhguru » Sun May 30, 2021 9:48 am

Hi All,

This morning I found my fingers running over the keyboard in the initial stages of telling our collective story. Perhaps it is partly my appeal for a return to real substance in dealing with our true NTS mission during the age of FaceBook and other instantaneous gratification outlets of little depth or permanence. It is also my desire to pay tribute to the stalwart Ents who have contributed so generously along the way in the creation of a unique repository of information about tree dimensions and important forest sites.

I haven't settled on how much detail to include. It will depend on the topic. I'll post material as it is developed and hope to get your feedback.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Don

Re: Origin, Mission, and Accomplishments of NTS

Post by Don » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:25 pm

NTS-ers...
Now would be a great time to wish our Dbhguru well, as he undergoes heart surgery...send him, and Monica, your energy, your thoughts and prayers, and wishes for his full return and recovery!!!
-Don B

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:35 pm

Don,

Thanks for informing me. I send out my wishes thoughts and prayers to him, Monica, and his family through this hard time,

Russ A.
"In every walk in with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir
"Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy. - Isaac Newton
"Don't follow the crowds, you'll end up lost in it. Take the path less traveled, and you will discover yourself and go places no human has ever gone" - Me

Matt Markworth

Post by Matt Markworth » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:06 pm

Bob,

I hope this note finds you well, and I heard that collectively the trees have promised to put on a little extra growth for you this upcoming growing season for when you're ready to get back out theređź‘Ť

Get well soon,
Matt

devind

Post by devind » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Don,

That's very unfortunate news. On the upside, I saw an update on the NTS Facebook page stating that the operation was a success and he's currently in the ICU recovering. I hope things continue to go well and he makes a full recovery.

Devin D

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:38 pm

devind wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 pm
Don,

That's very unfortunate news. On the upside, I saw an update on the NTS Facebook page stating that the operation was a success and he's currently in the ICU recovering. I hope things continue to go well and he makes a full recovery.

Devin D
Devin,

Thanks for sharing! I hope all is going well and he makes a healthy recovery,

Russ A.
"In every walk in with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir
"Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy. - Isaac Newton
"Don't follow the crowds, you'll end up lost in it. Take the path less traveled, and you will discover yourself and go places no human has ever gone" - Me