Beginning of the end for hardwood here?

Discussions related to Biomass Energy Production.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#11)  Re: Beginning of the end for hardwood here?

Postby dbhguru » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 am

Ents,

I feel the need to provide our newer members with an explanation of what's just happened.  We are usually pretty laid back here on the BBS, and for the most part, stay away from contentious topics. We want to keep it that way, but it wasn’t always so. In the past, we strayed into controversial subjects. During one period, our discussions were dominated by topics that had no connection to the NTS mission whatsoever. A couple of very strong voices were pushing Massachusetts forestry issues, and one in particular, was championing the emerging biomass market. That person became increasingly disruptive and personal, and for those reasons, Ed Frank kicked him off the BBS. That individual’s attempt to hijack the BBS and turn it into a forestry bitch platform taught us all a lesson. I am not particularly pleased with my role in what happened during that period. It was through me that that contentious voice was invited onto the BBS. It’s a long story. Live and learn.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and Executive Director
Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
dbhguru

Has Liked: 4 times
Has Been Liked: 1091 times
Print view this post

#12)  Re: Beginning of the end for hardwood here?

Postby Bob4st » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Thanks Bob and Ed... I appreciate the historical background.. As you're aware, the contentious content is quite common on many forums.. With the exception of the "crap" Ed refers to, the diversity of thoughts, opinion, background, etc., is remarkably educational, particularly to this ents-bbs noob who's career strayed from a first love of forestry into geology and groundwater..
That said, I have a tall coffee in one hand, a box of G-Scout cookies (Thin Mints) in the other, and refuse to shovel the driveway, so I'm looking forward to reading more...
Best wishes,
Bob
The tree the tempest with a crash of wood Throws down in front of us is not to bar Our passage to our journey's end for good, But just to ask us who we think we are. (R. Frost)
Bob4st

Has Liked: 0 times
Has Been Liked: 0 times
Print view this post

#13)  Re: Beginning of the end for hardwood here?

Postby pattyjenkins1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:39 am

Bob Foresti, where does that Robert Frost quote reside?
Patty Jenkins
Executive Director
Tree Climbers International, Inc.
Get High / Climb Trees
pattyjenkins1

Has Liked: 211 times
Has Been Liked: 59 times
Print view this post

#14)  Re: Beginning of the end for hardwood here?

Postby Bob4st » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 am

Good evening Patty, I think I encountered it on this site while cruising the Art, Aesthetics, etc., categories... I'm fairly confident a specific reference could be found if entered into a Google search... In fact, now I'm curious... I'll give it a try and send you an email... Say hello to Pete for me...
Bob
The tree the tempest with a crash of wood Throws down in front of us is not to bar Our passage to our journey's end for good, But just to ask us who we think we are. (R. Frost)
Bob4st

Has Liked: 0 times
Has Been Liked: 0 times
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Biomass