Japanese God Tree Tree Work

This forum is for more genaralized discussions of the relationship between religion and beliefs and the environment. Those subjects dealing with various present indigenous cultures are discussed in the Indigenous Peoples Forum.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTPDSBkxBvc&feature=share

Uploaded by TreeclimbingWorld on Aug 15, 2011

Japanese ISA TreeWorkers and Foresters using arborist techniques to save god trees and an Ancient Shrine in NAGANO JAPAN.

"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Will Blozan

Re: Japanese God Tree Tree Work

Post by Will Blozan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Awsome Ed! Thanks for posting- I am envious of the work in such great trees.

Will

edfrank

Re: Japanese God Tree Tree Work

Post by edfrank » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Will,

One of the arborists on my Facebook Friends list posted the link to Facebook. I thought it was neat also, so I reposted it here.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “General Discussions on Religion”