A Shaking of the Pumpkin NYC Concert

Posts and discussions related to NTS,ENTS, and WNTS members and organizations appearing in the news or popular media. Notes regarding papers, books, recordings, or articles release or published by NTS members.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

michael gatonska

A Shaking of the Pumpkin NYC Concert

Post by michael gatonska » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi ENTS,
Although not necessarily tree related; this composition I wrote for KS is autumn harvest related!

New York City-based pianist KATHLEEN SUPOVÉ will be the second featured performer of MUSIC AT FIRST, and exciting new music series at First Presbyterian Church on March 26th at 124 Henry Street at 7:30 PM in Brooklyn Heights. Kathleen is one of America's most acclaimed and versatile contemporary music pianists.

This MARCH 26th program will feature signature works by composers with whom Supové has had close musical associations: one of them being iconoclast East Hartford composer Michael Gatonska

• THE MEMORY OF ROSES (1992) by Louis Andriessen for Piano, Toy Piano, and Rose
• A SHAKING OF THE PUMPKIN (2007) by Michael Gatonska for Piano, Mallet, and Optional Bass Drum
• TREPIDUS (1983) by Louis Andriessen for Piano
• INNER CITIES by Alvin Curran for Piano
• THE BODY OF YOUR DREAMS (2004) by Jacob TV (Ter Veldhuis) for Piano and Soundtrack

MUSIC AT FIRST is a monthly new music series taking place at First Presbyterian church in Brooklyn Heights. It features a diverse mix of some of New York City's best new music ensembles and performers, accessible to a wide audience of both community members and seasoned new music listeners. All concerts begin at 7:30 with a $10 suggested donation per person for admission.
Michael Gatonska
“What is essential, is invisible to the eye” –Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.youtube.com/user/EcoEarSound ... sults_main

Jenny

Re: A Shaking of the Pumpkin NYC Concert

Post by Jenny » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Thanks for letting us know! I'll try to make it. I really like your composition - both musical and visual - in the video. thank you.

Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

dbhguru

Re: A Shaking of the Pumpkin NYC Concert

Post by dbhguru » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Michael,

Wish I could make it. Sounds like Jenny will have to represent the rest of us.

If you ever decide to compose The Symphony of the Pines or Symphony for the Pines, I've got a great location for you where inspiration will flow like water over Niagara Falls.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “NTS Members in the News”