Hello From Washington

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

ThursdayHiker

Hello From Washington

Post by ThursdayHiker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:40 am

I have been a great fan of old growth forests since first seeing the Giant Sequoias as a child. I've been living in Bellevue WA since 1994.
My latest stomping ground has been the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River Valley. It's just a 30 minute drive from my home. This low land western WA valley was the site of intense railroad logging back in the 1930's and 40's. Massive Red Cedar up to 20+ feet in diameter used to grow in this valley. Much of the valley bottom was logged but there are some amazing remnants of old growth to be discovered.

Larry Tucei

Re: Hello From Washington

Post by Larry Tucei » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello Welcome- Hope to see you post on some of the remnants in the Snoqualmie River Valley you mentioned on your post. Larry

PAwildernessadvocate

Re: Hello From Washington

Post by PAwildernessadvocate » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Welcome. I lived in Port Angeles for more than two years, and Olympia for two years, back in the 90s. The Olympic Peninsula (Olympic National Park and Olympic National Forest) was my stomping grounds. Lots of big trees to be found. Absolutely love the whole western Washington/western Oregon region.
"There is no better way to save biodiversity than by preserving habitat, and no better habitat, species for species, than wilderness." --Edward O. Wilson

Return to “Post Here First - Introduce Yourself”