Hello from Delaware

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the other members of ENTS. New users and guests can ask questions about ENTS and the ENTS BBS here.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Hello from Delaware

Postby pgwisn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:36 am

Hi,
I am in the Northwest corner of Delaware. If anyone is planning on being in the area and looking to check out some of the tall and/or interesting trees in Delaware, Northeast Maryland, and Southeastern Pennsylvania let me know. I'd love to tag along.
pgwisn

Has Liked: 1 times
Has Been Liked: 0 times
Print view this post

#2)  Re: Hello from Delaware

Postby John Harvey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Welcome, from time to time I explore those areas. My in-laws have a vineyard in the Gettysburg area so I make it out there usually once a year. DE is a great state for trees.
John D Harvey (JohnnyDJersey)

East Coast and West Coast Big Tree Hunter

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." - Matt Fox
John Harvey

Has Liked: 351 times
Has Been Liked: 433 times
Print view this post

#3)  Re: Hello from Delaware

Postby pattyjenkins1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:58 am

Hi Pat,
So happy to see you here! TCIers know you're a multi-talented guy, but the folks here don't know anything about you, so please! introduce yourself. I know there are lots of people on this Forums whose interests you share.
All the best,
patty
Patty Jenkins
Executive Director
Tree Climbers International, Inc.
Get High / Climb Trees
pattyjenkins1

Has Liked: 209 times
Has Been Liked: 58 times
Print view this post

#4)  Re: Hello from Delaware

Postby George Fieo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:35 am

Hello Pat,

I have covered most of the public land in your aboved mentioned areas. I have some superlative sites/trees that could use some updates/remeasurements. You may know of a few sites I'm unaware of.  I'd like to remeasure the likely national height record dawn redwood at the gates of Mount Cuba, Delaware. It's likely over 162' by now. Any interest in the above let me know. Perhaps we could hook up with John Harvey. The Mount Cuba dawn redwood could be measured any time from the road. Also a few miles down the road is the Delaware tulip poplar height champion I measured in 2015 I've not mentioned yet. It was >167' at that time. Have to check the books. Also down the road is one of three red oaks I've measured to a height of 150'. U pick or we could do them all. Please thoroughly introduce yourself to NTS first.

Thanks George
George Fieo

Has Liked: 0 times
Has Been Liked: 109 times
Print view this post

#5)  Re: Hello from Delaware

Postby bbeduhn » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 am

The 162' dawn redwood is insane! I'm in Asheville, NC, with an abundance of dawn redwoods (200+) but they seem to be slowing in growth when they approach 130'. I'll remeasure a few hot spots soon but I doubt I'll top 130'.
Brian
bbeduhn

Has Liked: 1112 times
Has Been Liked: 474 times
Print view this post

Return to Post Here First - Introduce Yourself