Cannot post photos

Information about this BBS and its usage

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

ryandallas

Cannot post photos

Post by ryandallas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 pm

I've been having trouble posting photos. The format is JPEG. Whenever I try to upload them the browser seems to be doing something, but then the message "405 -- Forbidden" appears. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

dbhguru

Re: Cannot post photos

Post by dbhguru » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:04 pm

Ryan,

Here is an uploaded image from Monica's and my recent trip to Southern California.

San Jacinto Range copy.JPG
No problem in the upload. SoCal's mountains are Soooper Doooper!

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

ryandallas

Post by ryandallas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Bob,

Was that photo in a JPEG format?

That's gorgeous. Is that from the Palm Springs area?

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:59 am

Ryan,

Yes JPG and yes, form the Palm Springs area. The San Jacinto, San Miguel, San Bernardino, and Santa Rosa ranges are the product of the geological faults of the region, particularly the San Andreas. It is a land of physical extremes, great natural beauty, and a super nice place to visit in the winter.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

ryandallas

Post by ryandallas » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Seems to be a server issue. I will try to post photos from another computer.

Lovely view. I'm sure it's a lot nicer there than it is here! This winter isn't ever going to end it seems.

ryandallas

Post by ryandallas » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:01 pm

For anyone else having problems--I had to import my JPG format photos into Microsoft Paint, and then save them under PNG format. Then the forum accepted them with no issues.

I uploaded some photos of Allens Meadow Park in Connecticut, please take a look at them!

Erik Danielsen

Post by Erik Danielsen » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:51 pm

I've been having a related but different issue- when I upload a photo, sometimes it goes through, but sometimes instead I get the login page with "you must be logged in to do that." And then have to log back in and do it all again. Sometimes it goes through but when I submit the post, it goes to the "please log in" page. Sometimes, then logging in takes me to the "please log in" page! As a result I'm having to save all posts off-site before submitting, and then upload most photos a couple times apiece while logging back in maybe 8 to 10 times just to get a single trip report with 4 or five photos up.

ryandallas

Post by ryandallas » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Erik--wow. I am not very computer savvy, so I can't offer any technical advice, but hopefully that works out for you. That sounds like a huge headache.

Erik Danielsen

Post by Erik Danielsen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:54 am

Ryan, I imagine it has something to do with the BBS anti-spam or security features, but I'm not terribly well versed in that sort of thing either. Sure enough, I think I had to log back in more than 20 times in order to get all of the components of my new Allegany State Park report uploaded and put together: http://ents-bbs.org/viewtopic.php?f=105 ... 579#p43579

M.W.Taylor
Site Admin

Post by M.W.Taylor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:41 pm

ryandallas wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 pm
I've been having trouble posting photos. The format is JPEG. Whenever I try to upload them the browser seems to be doing something, but then the message "405 -- Forbidden" appears. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
Please try to post again, we made some changes that should allow you to post pictures, even with a semi-dynamic IP. such as those with satellite internet.

Michael Taylor

Return to “BBS Administration - How Everything Works”