Likes Your Post Button

Information about this BBS and its usage

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Likes Your Post Button

Postby edfrank » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 pm

ENTS, WNTS,

Likes Your Post

I added a nee MOD and gave everyone permission to use it.  It is much like the "Like" button on Facebook, for those of you familiar with Facebook. There is a button on the upper right corner of the message that vaguely looks like a "Thumbs Up" icon.  Just click on it.  The "Likes your message"  count appearing below the posters name and icon will go up by one, and your name will be added to a list of people who liked the post at the bottom of the message.  The button doesn't really do anything more than that.  It is just an acknowledgment that the post was read and found interesting.  The button doesn't appear on announcements, but should be there for everyone in every post.  After you click the thumbs up the icon changes to a thumbs down icon. Clicking again will take away your likes.  This in effects allows you to acknowledge you read the post and like it even if you do not have any specific comment to add.

Links to Between the ENTS website and the ENTS BBS

I have been doing some other upgrades to the BBS over the past couple of days.  First you may have noticed I placed links on every forum on the BBS to the equivalent index page on the ENTS and WNTS website, and I also placed links on every index page on the websites to the corresponding forum on the BBS so that navigation between the two will be as seamless as possible.  

Daily Digest

I also want to encourage people to subscribe to the "Daily Digest" which sends a summary of all of the posts made each day out as a single email to subscribers.  In this way you can be sure that you will not miss a post and have an opportunity to see what everyone is talking about even if you do not browse all of the forums.  It is a great asset and I want people to use it.  The options for the Digest are under the User Control Panel page that can be accessed by clicking on the User Control Panel link at the upper left side of the BBS .  Then click on the Digest tab to set your options.

"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

For this message the author edfrank has received Likes - 5:
Beth, gnmcmartin, pdbrandt, Steve Galehouse, tsharp
edfrank
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 0
Has Liked: 915 times
Has Been Liked: 700 times
Blog: View Blog (3)
Print view this post

Return to BBS Administration - How Everything Works