Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#11)  Re: Avatar Images

Postby Jenny » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Here's what I did:
I uploaded my pic to flickr
clicked on the picture
selected the "square" size"
copied the photo's url
pasted to the url option on the profile page.

Hope this helps others! (Theory of my pic: I am the tree that this baby pigeon is perching on!)

Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn
Jenny

Has Liked: 137 times
Has Been Liked: 79 times
Print view this post

#12)  Re: Avatar Images

Postby James Parton » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Jenny,

I had trouble with this too. Most of my small 90x90 avatar images average 16-18kb in size. I had to copy a thumbnail image of one of my photos with my captura screen capture  program to get it small enough to use as an avatar. No matter what I tried I never could get the image small enough and detailed enough using photoshop for avatar usage. Even at 70x70 it would still be 14kb. Just a little too big to use. Before Ed upped it from 6 to 12kb yesterday it was almost futile!

I am glad you made the jump to this BBS site. You are one I would have missed!

James Parton
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145
James Parton

Has Liked: 338 times
Has Been Liked: 98 times
Print view this post

#13)  Re: Avatar Images

Postby Gary Beluzo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 am

Hi Jenny,

I took one of my images and cropped it down to 89 x 89 pixels in my MAC Preview program (but any image editor would work), just below the file size limit and uploaded it.  It worked fine.

Gary
"..powered in ecological space and evolutionary time.."
Gary Beluzo

Has Liked: 0 times
Has Been Liked: 5 times
Blog: View Blog (1)
Print view this post

#14)  ieSpell - A Spell Checker

Postby edfrank » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:04 pm

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer  

ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check

This should be a useful tool for people posting to this BBS. It can be used to check the spelling of words in the block where you enter your post.  I have had one installed on and off for several years,  It works great when I remember to use it.  Just right click and select check spelling and it checks the text you just entered.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky
edfrank
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 0
Has Liked: 915 times
Has Been Liked: 700 times
Blog: View Blog (3)
Print view this post

#15)  Re: How to Use This BBS

Postby Beth » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 am

Ed,
Thanks.  I was wondering were the spell check was.
Beth
Trees are the Answer
Beth

Has Liked: 7 times
Has Been Liked: 5 times
Print view this post

#16)  NTS BBS Daily Digest Setting

Postby edfrank » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:29 pm

NTS BBS Daily Digest Setting

Postby edfrank » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Native Tree Society BBS Daily Digest

The ENTS BBS Daily Digest sends a copy of all of the posts made to the ENTS BBS each day in a single email to each subscriber.  The subscriptions to the Digest are no longer automatic.  Users must specifically opt in to subscribe to the digest.

To subscribe to the Daily Postings Digest:

Go to the User Control Panel.  (The button for this page is at the top left side of the page just below the page header on the Index Page.)  

On the User Control Page, click on the "Digest" tab.  This brings up your options.  

In the first Category "Type of Digest wanted"  You can subscribe to receive a daily digest.  The weekly  and monthly options will likely generate a digest too large to be practical, but can also be selected.  The best option, in my opinion is to receive the digest daily in HTML format, and you can choose any time of the day to receive the digest.

To unsubscribe from the digest:

Go to the "User Control Panel"  (upper left side of index page)
   Click on the "Digest" tab

In the first category "Type of digest wanted:"
   Select "None"
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky
edfrank
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 0
Has Liked: 915 times
Has Been Liked: 700 times
Blog: View Blog (3)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to BBS Administration - How Everything Works