Questions and Complaints

Information about this BBS and its usage

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

#1)  Board Styles

Postby greenent4 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Under the Board Style option on the user control account panel I notice that only the single "prosilver" option is unlocked. Would it be possible to unlock the rest of the board styles?
At first glance, "prosilver"'s black on white or light blue/tan combined with the entire outer areas also being bright white or very light colors to be a bit harsh on the eyes and makes posted photos lose some of their pop compared to BBS where the border and outer areas are darker grays and browns (and lighter text on darker is sometimes easier to read too unless you have a rare electronic paper monitor). Anyway, it's a somewhat minor issue as there is another BBS I regularly use has a color scheme at least somewhat heading in this direction.

Anyway, otherwise, the BBS setup and software appear to be truly top notch!
greenent4

Print view this post

#2)  Re: board style under user info

Postby edfrank » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Bob,

No it would not be possible because the MODs i am using and want t use in the future are written for that Board Style.  I can't use other styles withut disabling these other capabilites added b the MODs.  I haven't figured out yet how to jus edit the color scheme with Prosilver to give a more pleasing color palette, so we are stuck with ProSilver and the Blue.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky
edfrank
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 0
Has Liked: 915 times
Has Been Liked: 703 times
Blog: View Blog (3)
Print view this post

#3)  Re: bonsai forest

Postby James Parton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Sometimes quick replies are adiquate.

JP

I had 41 here before adding this. Sometimes quick replies are adiquate and this limitation can be annoying.
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145
James Parton

Has Liked: 338 times
Has Been Liked: 98 times
Print view this post

#4)  Change_Reply

Postby James Parton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Ed,

Though I disagree with a minimum character limit because sometimes a simple reply is all one needs I will respect your decision as a moderator. I am sure most of us would. We admire your work and this is one of only a very few downsides of a great new forum. Locking the post against a reply is probably unnecessary, we should all be civil adults here.

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145
James Parton

Has Liked: 338 times
Has Been Liked: 98 times
Print view this post

#5)  Questions and Complaints

Postby edfrank » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Please post all of your questions and complaints about this board and the operation of the board to this topic.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky
edfrank
Site Admin

Print view this post

#6)  Re: Questions and Complaints

Postby Don » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:36 am

Ed-
Not sure if I'll be getting direct posts to all categories...right now I'm not getting anything to my *.msn.com account.  Can you tell me where I might find out how?
-Don
Don Bertolette - President/Moderator, WNTS BBS
Restoration Forester (Retired)
Science Center
Grand Canyon National Park

BJCP Apprentice Beer Judge

View my Alaska Big Tree List Webpage at:
http://www.akbigtreelist.org
Don

Has Liked: 69 times
Has Been Liked: 225 times
Print view this post

#7)  Re: Questions and Complaints

Postby edfrank » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 am

Don,

I am not sure what it is that you are asking.  The new BBS does not send out posts.  I am working on figuring out how to install a MOD that will send out digests of posts to categories people select, but it has not been implemented.

You can sign up for RSS feeds to get noticies when things are posted or subscribe to individual categories to notices whrn things are posted in that category.

Ed
edfrank
Site Admin

Print view this post

#8)  Re: Questions and Complaints

Postby Don » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Ed-
1) I think I'm understanding your reply...I am one of the few that looked forward to the onslaught of emails (I coulda been a great AOL-er, waiting for the vocal "You've got Mail!"), and because of the nature of a BBS, I won't be getting everybodies responses in my inbox, in fact, none, if no changes are made to the contrary.

2) In other BBS's I'm in, automatic messages are sent from "sub-category" forums, to those who've shown an interest (have visited there) in that/those particular catagory(s).  If that is an elective option, that requires your permission, then I'd like to require you're permission.
Thanks!
Don Bertolette - President/Moderator, WNTS BBS
Restoration Forester (Retired)
Science Center
Grand Canyon National Park

BJCP Apprentice Beer Judge

View my Alaska Big Tree List Webpage at:
http://www.akbigtreelist.org
Don

Has Liked: 69 times
Has Been Liked: 225 times
Print view this post

#9)  Posting minimum

Postby Larry Tucei » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:57 am

Ed,   I agree with James. Is the minimum  set in stone or can you edit that for us?  Thanks, Larry
Larry Tucei

Has Liked: 669 times
Has Been Liked: 575 times
Print view this post

#10)  Re: Questions and Complaints

Postby Sassafrassqueen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 am

Hey Ed-
I made it over. However, I never could get in under my name and re- registered as my password. Crazy I know. And it was probably a user malfunction. Anyway, when I clicked on forgot my password it emailed me a new one. But that one didn't work either. It wasn't recognized. So when you see Sassafrass queen that's me!!
Is it cheating to register twice?
Karen Davenport
Sassafrassqueen

Has Liked: 0 times
Has Been Liked: 0 times
Print view this post

Next

Return to BBS Administration - How Everything Works