New, real, users cannot join???

Information about this BBS and its usage

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

BeeEnvironment2020

New, real, users cannot join???

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:59 am

Hi Everyone,

Recently, a Canadian member of mine from Monumental Trees wanted to join the ENTS, but was unable to get a authorization EMAIL allowing him to join. I tried making a new account also, and the same thing happened to me: No authorization email, even in the SPAM email boxes and everything.

Do you know how to fix this problem, Bob, Micheal, Ed????

Thanks, I appreciate it,

Russ
Last edited by BeeEnvironment2020 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devind

Re: NEW USERS CANNOT JOIN THE GROUP!!!

Post by devind » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi Russ,

I believe that the email system has been down for this site for some time, as I didn't get an activation email either and had to email them directly to have my account activated.

Devin

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:45 am

Hi Devind,

Ah, I see. Did you know what email you sent to requiring for an activation? I messaged Ed Frank, but I think either his email is an old address or its full maybe.

Thanks,

Russ

dustin_x

Post by dustin_x » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:57 am

Thank you,
New users must be manually approved due to an influx of bots and spammers. We have resumed approval, and if your account did not get approved please register again and we will review and approve it.

BeeEnvironment2020

Re: New, real, users cannot join???

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi Dustin,

If I may ask, are you a site moderator?? Hard to tell by your username.

George Fieo

Post by George Fieo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 pm

Ed was the original moderator. Steve Galehouse’s son and Matt Marksworth I believe took over for Ed. This site needs updating or a new moderator. Just saying. Can’t even add good pics no more. Wish I could. Lots of updates and new reports.

George

dustin_x

Post by dustin_x » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:44 am

BeeEnvironment2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:32 pm
Hi Dustin,

If I may ask, are you a site moderator?? Hard to tell by your username.
My work over the last couple years has been in conjunction with M.W.Taylor. I host the server and all of my work has been done on the back end in keeping the forum alive. Recently there have been some questions and concerns about new users not being able to post. If you know anyone who tried to register and is still unable to post, please ask them to register again and we will approve their account if they somehow slipped through the cracks with a past registration.
George Fieo wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 pm
Ed was the original moderator. Steve Galehouse’s son and Matt Marksworth I believe took over for Ed. This site needs updating or a new moderator. Just saying. Can’t even add good pics no more. Wish I could. Lots of updates and new reports.

George
George, do you not have the permission available to post pictures? Or are you getting some kind of error?
Getting a few more mods sounds like a good idea. I asked M.W.Taylor about adding some more mods. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Dustin,

Ah, I see now. Thank you very much for letting me know! Yeah, I know of a Canadian member of Monumentaltrees.com that wanted to post his findings, so I will be sure to contact him and let him know to re-register. He had an issue with receiving a verification code to activate his ENTS account. His username probably will be something near "Room100" or close to that.

Adding more mods seems like a nice idea also! Good thinking.

Russ A.

BeeEnvironment2020

Post by BeeEnvironment2020 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 am

Dustin,

I just contacted the canadian member, and he said he already registered with a email of kshaw@room100.net. He tried signing up again under that same email, but it says "that email is already in use". Should he sign up using a different email now?

Thanks for the help,
Russ

dustin_x

Post by dustin_x » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:58 am

BeeEnvironment2020 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:49 am
Dustin,

I just contacted the canadian member, and he said he already registered with a email of kshaw@room100.net. He tried signing up again under that same email, but it says "that email is already in use". Should he sign up using a different email now?

Thanks for the help,
Russ
Thank you,
I tracked down the account and he should have regular access now.
I must have mistakenly included him in a wave of new spam accounts I purged earlier this week. I likely included it due to the uncommon email domain, but that is still my mistake!

Return to “BBS Administration - How Everything Works”