miniature golf beech tree

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

tclikesbigtrees

miniature golf beech tree

Post by tclikesbigtrees » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:01 pm

We went to Lancaster County, PA this week. This time out there, I wasn't really looking for any big trees. But If I see any, I take notice. Tuesday night we decided to play miniature golf. We went to one that is right on Route 30. While playing, I noticed a huge Beech, which I think is a European Copper Beech, right there in the miniature golf course. I think it is the biggest beech that I have ever seen. I am surprised that I had not noticed it before, because we have driven by there many times. I am also surprised that nobody has measured it, that I no of. The first picture is that night. The other pictures are from the next day.

Tom
Attachments
DSCN1593[1].JPG
DSCN1618[1].JPG
DSCN1622[1].JPG
DSCN1625[1].JPG

Rand

Re: miniature golf beech tree

Post by Rand » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Kinda hard to be a snob about your native species when in the presence of a nice european beech isn't it?

John Harvey

Post by John Harvey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:01 am

Tom,
I have noticed this tree driving by before. Thanks for sharing!
John D Harvey (JohnnyDJersey)

East Coast and West Coast Big Tree Hunter

"If you look closely at a tree you'll notice it's knots and dead branches, just like our bodies. What we learn is that beauty and imperfection go together wonderfully." - Matt Fox

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:48 am

Maybe it's plastic--- but seriously, I can't imagine it's a healthy place for any tree- what with its roots being stepped on frequently.
Joe

Return to “Dutch Country - South Central”