NYBG Rock Garden Rocks!

Discussions of Urban Forests and trees in general, including their growth, care, and impact on society. Discussions of specific trees, parks or forests in urban areas should be included in the proper forum of the Trip Reports and Site Descriptin category of this BBS.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jenny

NYBG Rock Garden Rocks!

Post by Jenny » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:35 pm

These beautiful things are popping out of the ground at the NYBG Rock Garden!

http://vimeo.com/10645282
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

edfrank

Re: NYBG Rock Garden Rocks!

Post by edfrank » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Jenny,

Very nice. Today the very first daffodils opened in my back yard. The forsythia also started to flower today. Most of the trees have not shown any green yet, The tuliptrees buds are just barely starting to crack open. The red flowers on the maples are well along, but have not started to drop off yet. Looks like NYBG Rock Gardens are much farther along into spring than we are here.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

dbhguru

Re: NYBG Rock Garden Rocks!

Post by dbhguru » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Jenny,

I continue to enjoy your artful videos. Please keep them coming.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “Urban Forests, Trees, and Landscapes”