Central Park Aftermath of Storm Video

Discussions of Urban Forests and trees in general, including their growth, care, and impact on society. Discussions of specific trees, parks or forests in urban areas should be included in the proper forum of the Trip Reports and Site Descriptin category of this BBS.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jenny

Central Park Aftermath of Storm Video

Post by Jenny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 am

Took this video 2 days after the October 29 storm. The Central Park Conservancy and Dept. of Parks had to bust their butts getting it cleaned up in time for the Marathon Sunday.

Most of the birds are feeding and hanging out on the fallen branches. And I know it's blurry, etc. Time for an upgrade in my video technology. I just don't know what that would be. Any suggestions? I just use imovie then upload it to Vimeo.

Jenny

http://vimeo.com/31764196
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

Joe

Re: Central Park Aftermath of Storm Video

Post by Joe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Jenny, it doesn't look particularly blurry- in a few spots, but overall I think it looks fine and says a lot about the birds and tree damage.

Any blurriness can be due to several factors. Mostly, I think it's not about your camera- it's about the editing software, which file types it supports, how much compression is used when "publishing" the video to a final cut, then all online video services further compress the files resulting in loss in quality. Does it look better on your computer?

Do you ask permission from whoever does the music on your videos? Just curious.
Joe

Return to “Urban Forests, Trees, and Landscapes”