Woods and Birds

Discussions of Urban Forests and trees in general, including their growth, care, and impact on society. Discussions of specific trees, parks or forests in urban areas should be included in the proper forum of the Trip Reports and Site Descriptin category of this BBS.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jenny

Woods and Birds

Post by Jenny » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Woods and trees and birds in guess where? Central Park!

http://vimeo.com/18889149
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

Steve Galehouse

Re: Woods and Birds

Post by Steve Galehouse » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Jenny-

Very nice video---it's amazing the amount of wildlife to be found in NYC, just shows how resourceful living creatures are.

Steve
every plant is native somewhere

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 am

Central Park is like an island paradise in the middle of the city. I am sure if I lived in New York I would spend a lot of time there.

Beautifully done, Jenny!

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 am

James Parton wrote:Central Park is like an island paradise in the middle of the city. I am sure if I lived in New York I would spend a lot of time there.

Beautifully done, Jenny!

James
I keep wondering what Manhatten looked like 1,000 years ago.
Joe

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:50 am

Jenny,

Very well done. You make us proud. ENTS is enriched by these kinds of artistic submissions. Please keep them coming.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 am

dbhguru wrote:Jenny,

Very well done. You make us proud. ENTS is enriched by these kinds of artistic submissions. Please keep them coming.

Bob
I agree. They are very enjoyable to watch. I like the mix of still shots and video. The choice of music is just perfect.
Joe

Rand

Post by Rand » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 am

Nice Piece. I'm jealous. We've yet to get a nice fat flaked wet snow in columbus that will stick to all the trees and pretty up the winter gloom.

Jenny

Post by Jenny » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement everyone. I dream of the day when one of you ENTS comes to NYC and I can drag you through my many walks. I would learn so much more. Especially since they are 'renovating' the northern part of the park where a violent storm ripped hundreds of trees out of the ground in 2009. Interesting to see what they are going to plant and how they foresee it growing. I know they are strengthening the soil first in many places. A good start.

More snow tomorrow.....yay!

Thanks again, Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Jennifer,

I am glad you decided to post this video here. Your videos are truly artistic.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Urban Forests, Trees, and Landscapes”