Tree ID Help

Discussions of Urban Forests and trees in general, including their growth, care, and impact on society. Discussions of specific trees, parks or forests in urban areas should be included in the proper forum of the Trip Reports and Site Descriptin category of this BBS.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

Jenny

Tree ID Help

Post by Jenny » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi!

I made this video of this Brown Creeper doing its creeping thing up a tree, but I forgot to check leaves and other field marks for id.

Can you take a quick look at a little of this video to see if you can discern the species? It was in a very wooded part of Central Park called The Ramble. As far as I know, there are few ornamentals here.

Th text was not fully prepared and there is a stupid Typo in the intro which I'm fixing....duh! Just wanted you all to know that I did notice the problem.....

http://vimeo.com/15870707

Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

Will Blozan

Re: Tree ID Help

Post by Will Blozan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Jenny,

Looks like black cherry; Prunus serotina. Great shots!

Will

Jenny

Re: Tree ID Help

Post by Jenny » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks Will! I'm back out today to see if I can et some good tree/bird pix. I really wonder what specifically some of them are eating.
Precious few days left with the migrating guys....

Jenny
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn

Return to “Urban Forests, Trees, and Landscapes”