Na'vi Blue

General Chat about any topic.

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

James Parton

Na'vi Blue

Post by James Parton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Ed,

Someone somewhere remarked that they did not like the color of the BBS site. Heck, it's cool! Na'vi blue! The only color better would be pine green!

I have been reading on how the site works. Finally we have a site that you can post pictures using it instead of a third-party e-mail program. Cool! The avatar image feature for the users is a nice concept but is almost useless. I have several avatars but almost all are above that measly 6kb limit. Most of mine average 16kb or so. Reducing file size makes them too fuzzy to use. Most are 70x70 or 90x90 pixels in size.

Also I resize all my images for posting at 640x480 at roughly 150kb in size. This site has a 5 meg limit? I don't think I have ever gone much over a meg, even with multiple images.

I was hoping to get into the woods to do some measuring tomorrow but I don't think it will happen. Car problems.

James Parton
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

James Parton

Re: Na'vi Blue

Post by James Parton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Ed, ENTS

I have no idea why this posted twice?

James Parton
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 pm

James,

I changed the avatar size to 12 KB, the 5 is the default on the board.

Ed
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Ed,

That should help. Thanks. Are they any way you can change the minimum character number on a post or reply? The minimum is 50 which makes simple answers or replies impossible.

JP
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Hey, Ed!

I like that new Na'vi blue button on the main ENTS website. That's cool!

Will there be a link button to the old Google site to view archived posts still located there?

James
James E Parton
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:31 pm

James,

Don't you mean hideous blue? There is a button link back to the Google Group at the bottom of the page with the word Archive written in big red letters over the old button.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:49 pm

James, to reduce the size of the image- in addition to making it smaller in pixel resolution, you can reduce the number of colors which should easily get your small images down to the size you like. You can do this with Photoshop or Paintshop Pro and many other programs. When I did it with my image it hardly looks any different.
Joe

James Parton wrote:Ed,

Someone somewhere remarked that they did not like the color of the BBS site. Heck, it's cool! Na'vi blue! The only color better would be pine green!

I have been reading on how the site works. Finally we have a site that you can post pictures using it instead of a third-party e-mail program. Cool! The avatar image feature for the users is a nice concept but is almost useless. I have several avatars but almost all are above that measly 6kb limit. Most of mine average 16kb or so. Reducing file size makes them too fuzzy to use. Most are 70x70 or 90x90 pixels in size.

Also I resize all my images for posting at 640x480 at roughly 150kb in size. This site has a 5 meg limit? I don't think I have ever gone much over a meg, even with multiple images.

I was hoping to get into the woods to do some measuring tomorrow but I don't think it will happen. Car problems.

James Parton

Return to “Off-topic - Post About Anything Here”