Into Grand Teton National Park, WY

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

dbhguru

Re: Into Grand Teton National Park, WY

Post by dbhguru » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Rand,

Now here is the way you should have presented the complete encounter. I'm sure you just forgot the details.
I came around the bend, on a narrow part of the trail and saw this moose, maybe 20 feet away just off the trail. I screeched to a halt, and he sorta looked at me with this, "You aren't going to be a problem, are you?"
Forgotten Details

I noticed the red fire in his eyes. I knew I was in trouble. Big trouble. And one eye focused on me intently. It was bloodshot. I could feel him sizing me up, getting ready to charge, but I fearlessly stood my ground. I matched his fire with my fire. By and by real flames commenced shooting out both of our eyes. It was a real fire-off. Mr. Moose realized he'd met his match and his fire diminished. He dropped his head and slowly backed up, and in due course, turned and sprinted away. I had won, and started to continue on triumphantly. A bystander, who I hadn't noticed, was so scared that he soiled himself began chanting Moose Master, Moose Master. I acknowledged his accolades with a slight nod of my head as I moved on.

Rand, I'm surprised that you forgot those details.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Rand

Post by Rand » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:20 pm

<Chuckle> Ok bob, I'll try to sex it up more next time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLclk16PtE4

edfrank

Post by edfrank » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 pm

jamesrobertsmith wrote:. Next time I go I am seriously considering bagging Grand Teton. There is only one short stretch of technical climbing to reach the summit, and there are guides who will teach you the moves and lead the way. I may pay out the bucks and bite the bullet and do it. If not that, then an online pal has promised to lead me to the top of Middle Teton which is Class IV climbing, which I am willing to attempt.
7-year-old East Millcreek girl tackles summit of Grand Teton
By Lori Prichard, Deseret News
Published: Sunday, July 29 2012 5:38 p.m. MDT

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8655 ... tml?pg=all
Greta Jensen, 7, rappels off the 40 meter Owen-Spalding rappel on the Grand Tetons, July 21 and 22, 2012. Their summit attempt was cut about 200 feet short due to a fast approaching storm forcing our hasty retreat off the summit block.
"I love science and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awe by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and revigorate it." by Robert M. Sapolsky

Return to “Wyoming”