Medicine Bow

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

dbhguru

Medicine Bow

Post by dbhguru » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:17 am

ENTS,

Monica and I will soon be home, tired but thankful for such a glorious time in the West. When I sit down at home to my computer, I will be more communicative, but here is a couple images from our stay in the Medicine Bow of Wyoming.

East Glacier Lake: elevation approximately 10,700 feet.
BrownsPeakSnow1Small.jpg
West Glacier Lake: elevation a few feet higher. Monica meditating.
WestGlacierLakeMonica1Small.jpg
High altitude Indian Paintbrush. Deep red.
IndianPaintBrush1Small.jpg

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Larry Tucei

Re: Medicine Bow

Post by Larry Tucei » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:09 am

Bob, Wow! Beautiful photos! The trees are so lush and the sky is deep blue. Love to have a cabin on that lake. Looking forward to your adventure reports. Larry

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Larry,

Monica and I just rolled in to Florence a couple of hours ago. We're pooped. The reports will take shape, but first there is a lot of information to organize. Here is a snippet. We stayed in a motel in Dubois, WY one night on our return trip. Dubois sits between the Wind River and Absoraka Mountains. Dubois is a thoroughly western town. The following image shows our motel. The small gray SUV with the black carrier on top on the left side of the parking lot is our Subaru Forester. As you can see, buildings are nestled up against a gorgeous landscape. I strolled out of the motel and took some pictures. A couple of motor cyclists were sitting and chatting. One said "gorgeous country, ain't it". I heartily agreed. No matter where we went, there would be a dozen photo opportunities.
OurMotel1Small.jpg
Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and President

James Parton

Post by James Parton » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Bob,

I have really enjoyed your western visit. It is really beautiful country. So much different than the east. I need to have more time and money to get out.

James
James E Parton
Ovate Course Graduate - Druid Student
Bardic Mentor
New Order of Druids

http://www.druidcircle.org/nod/index.ph ... Itemid=145

dbhguru

Post by dbhguru » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:58 am

James,

In my humble opinion, the American West will match any place on Earth for scenic variety and beauty. In addition, there is plenty of space to move around in. The state of Wyoming has only 5 people per square mile. That is the lowest density in all 50. Now compare that with New Jersey. Here is an image of the remote Rattle Snake Range in central Wyoming. The historic Oregon Trail passed by it. The range is solid, exposed granite - quite a sight, and it does have a wealth of rattlesnakes. monica and I roamed around in a section on a cool day (it can get very hot on the rocks). I'll have a complete narrative in a few weeks when I can get all the information organized.
RattleSnake2Small.jpg
Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder and President

Return to “Wyoming”