Two more images from Dinosaur National Monument, CO & UT

Moderators: edfrank, dbhguru

dbhguru

Two more images from Dinosaur National Monument, CO & UT

Post by dbhguru » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:01 pm

NTS,

Two more DNM imgaes. The first shows me and the largest pinyon pine I've seen. The second image speaks for itself.
DM-18.jpg
DM-22.jpg
If you've never been to Dinosaur National Monument, I highly recommend visiting it. It is much, much more than just dinosaur fossils, although that would be sufficient, and the displays are excellent. However, the monument offers an unending sequence of spectacular vistas.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Larry Tucei

Re: Two more images from DNM

Post by Larry Tucei » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Bob, OMG!!!! That is a monster! I've not seen anything near that size on my two visits out west. Man you are really knocking our socks off with all these western jems! I need to get off my duff and get out in the field and measure some trees! C'mon man your using that old magnifier again aren't ya? Hahahah Larry

Joe

Re: Two more images from DNM

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:38 pm

the west is so exciting for so many reasons- in that second photo showing the tilted strata- to be able to see the geologcial structures, especially if you have some understanding of geology, really gives you the sense of the immense power of the Earth, to move the crust of the Earth like that....
Joe

dbhguru

Re: Two more images from Dinosaur National Monument, CO & UT

Post by dbhguru » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Larry,

Shucks, you found my secret. A good lens works wonders.

Joe,

Yes, geology is alive and exciting out here. You see Mother Earth crafting the landscape. So much to see. So much to learn.

Bob
Robert T. Leverett
Co-founder, Native Native Tree Society
Co-founder and President
Friends of Mohawk Trail State Forest
Co-founder, National Cadre

Return to “Utah”