Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:02 pm
by Matt Markworth
Bob,

Great spreadsheet! I was thinking of making one to test my numbers, but you've already done the work!

I found two differences in our inputs, and with those resolved, the results created by hand are an exact match to the results created by the spreadsheet.

The first difference is that I found the area at 4.5 units above the base by finding the area of an ellipse (major axis: 7.5 units, minor axis: 6 units), instead of basing area on circumference (I should have mentioned that). So, I used 35.34 square units as the area, instead of 36.44 square units.

The second difference is I used a height for Trunk A of 120 units, whereas the spreadsheet has 126 units.

Matt